Timing for clock platform escapements

oldhippy

You might know I have many Ellott clocks with platform escapements. Anyone know of a machine or is it possible there is software that is available that can be connected up for my computer to cope with this. Years ago I found watch timing machines that you could use by connecting a lead to the movement was hopeless. I'm thinking technology has advanced so much from the 70's & 80's or am I expecting too much. 

What is the beat rate of these escapements? Are they Swiss lever?

For beat rates down to 12000 bph (and possibly lower) I can recommend the free open source software „tg-timer 0.5.0“ for Windows PC. All you need is a tie clip microphone attached to your PC‘s sound card.

https://tg.ciovil.li

AA3D95C4-9AAB-4A9D-9EC7-C073C01945DB.thumb.jpeg.0477dedb993994ec1bc6fb8a3d545f69.jpeg

4A208B63-4906-4973-BBD6-EBF769A5ADF2.thumb.jpeg.f3041ff7d9932a18779b3bdc75d32bd8.jpeg

Edited by Kalanag

https://www.bmumford.com/mset/

I've been contemplating getting this. I service tuning fork watches quite frequently and clocks occasionally. This timing machine has both audio sensors as well as optical sensors. It can time balance wheels, pendulums, torsion clocks and tuning forks.

Have a read through and tell me what you think.

I have been using my timegrapher 1900. Just lean the movement holder against the  clock plate and it gives a good reading.. See pic.

There is also a app  “ ClockMaster”  which is real handy when getting a clock in beat.

BD74CA83-8853-47D1-9719-95ADABCFA048.thumb.jpeg.5dc0b8c1b7848a17044c98e27da495fb.jpeg

Edited by clockboy
  • Like 1