Help with Carriage Clock Escapement

jdrichard

Folks,

I’m a watch and pocket watch boy but recently picked up a Mappin and Webb Carriage Clock. Disassembled it, cleaned it and reassembled it. Runs strong and then stops. There is an adjustment screw on the back that pushed th pivot of the shaft and wheel that engages with the escapement pinion.  When I tighten the screw, the gear moves in more snug with the escapement pinion. And loosening the screw makes the gear and pinion a bit more sloppy.  Either was it eventually stops unless nudged.

please help as I can’t see an obvious problem.

here is my assembly video for reference and near the end I talk about the problem.

1E69E0C1-08EF-432A-8ADF-F2782EBAA2BB.jpeg

6F57E468-228F-462E-B89D-E65C407910D5.jpeg

You may want to ask this question in the clock repair section.

Then a PDF for servicing the platforms I'm attaching that. Not sure it's going to help with the problem some of it may be the meshing of the platform with the rest of the clock perhaps.

Platform escapement's are interesting in that usually clock people don't want to work on them. So a lot of times they'll send them out to a watchmaker.

LaBounty-ServicingAPlatform.pdf