Ingersoll Stem

Hi,

Last question for today, honest! I've got a nice old Ingersoll, from when it was British I think, that has a broken stem I need to replace. I've attached a photo - it's not very clear sorry, my phone struggles sometimes. Anyway the design seems a little unusual to me, but then I don't know all that much :D . Can anyone advise me what it is called, so I can try and replace? I'm finding it hard to source any old Ingersoll parts, or even any discussion/advice. Thanks

Stephen

post-373-0-24931700-1432915877_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

These are photos of the plate, movement already dismantled. As I said there are no makers marks, just two alpha-numerical - A5 and 61. I've attached another (blurry) photo of the stem to show the design. Don't worry, I don't think it fits together that way, I was just taking a quick photo :D . If anyone can let me know anything about the stem and where I can source a replacement I'd be grateful.

post-373-0-20988100-1433747516_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-85370900-1433747537_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-03486400-1433747562_thumb.jpg

Stephen

Definitely a Smiths TY, these were made in 1,5,7 & 21 jewel versions. Not too sure when production of this model was started - it was a replacement for the RY movement and was later replaced by the Streamline movement in 1966.

The Anglo Celtic Watch Co. was a joint venture between Smiths & Ingersoll from 1947 until 1969 when Ingersoll pulled out of the venture. The factory carried on under Smiths until final closure in 1980. Watches from this factory with Smiths movements will be marked Made in Great Britain.

If you can produce a photo of the complete watch, I may be able to give a rough date for the watch.

• Like 1

Perhaps its me I don't understand why the movement still has the Ronda logo.

If it is a smiths then this page might be the one you require 

http://www.windingstems.com/smith.php

You will have to have a measure to double check "click on more info"

It doesn't have a Ronda logo - it doesn't have any logo. You must be confusing it with the one ro63rto posted. Thanks for the link.

Stephen

Definitely a Smiths TY, these were made in 1,5,7 & 21 jewel versions. Not too sure when production of this model was started - it was a replacement for the RY movement and was later replaced by the Streamline movement in 1966.

The Anglo Celtic Watch Co. was a joint venture between Smiths & Ingersoll from 1947 until 1969 when Ingersoll pulled out of the venture. The factory carried on under Smiths until final closure in 1980. Watches from this factory with Smiths movements will be marked Made in Great Britain.

If you can produce a photo of the complete watch, I may be able to give a rough date for the watch.

Thanks for that. I'll have to have a look and see if I took a before photo beforehand. I don't always remember unfortunately.

Stephen