Seiko 8F32 Movement

Good Afternoon everyone

A friend has a Seiko perpetual calendar with an 8f32 movement. She took it back to the high street Jewellery chain store where she originally purchased it to have a new battery fitted. They informed  her that the watch "was dead". When I removed the back the first thing I noticed was the lack of battery. On closer inspection I noticed there was Damage to the coil and after taking a closer look at things there seems to be damage to the circuit board. I am aware that these movements are obsolete and are no longer available nor is the circuit board.

Unfortunately I know very little about how to repair quartz movements other than how to change them. Does anyone know if there is a modern equivalent to the 8f32 that is in production that could be fitted as a replacement. 

The watch has a lot of sentimental value to my friend as it belonged to her husband and she would like to give it to her grand son.  

Hi Carl, welcome to the forum.

It is so so so so easy to break these movements and extreme care must be taken when changing the cell.

The parts are becoming very hard to get hold of but some suppliers may still hold them.

Alternatively, if the watch is sentimental, you could purchase a second hand Seiko with the 8F32 movement in (even if the case and strap are different) and change the movement over. 

Just a thought.

Not an easy job to be fair. The circuits are secured with very very tiny philips style screws and sometimes are quite tight.

It's also noteworthy that the winder stem should be pulled to first position before removing the circuit and kept in that position until the new circuit is replaced.

There is a service sheet available on the Cousins site which is quite handy.

• 5 years later...

Seiko 8Fxx "perpetual calendar" do not set date with the crown by only by making contacts on the module. 

Check YT video by Mark our admin or the multitude othe I go to learn ho to set date. 

• 7 months later...

Hi there.

I have a 8F32 watch,and the perpetual calendar mechanism is off,while it can show the time very well.Taking it to the service here in Athens,I was told that they can’t fix it because they have not parts.

Is it possible to find parts for this please?

Theodore.

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2019 at 10:58 AM, Rajesh said:

What is the part NO for Seiko 8F32 winding stem 

My watch is Running good and giving a perfect time but Date is not shifting,

Please let me know this is an issue of winding stem?

I have this exact problem. 

did you figure how how to fix it? 

1 hour ago, carloscalifornia said:

I have this exact problem. 

for those of us who answer questions on this board I appreciate that you looked up the subject similar to your watch. it's amazing how many questions keep getting asked over and over and over again because no one bothers to look to see if anyone else had the same question.

reading the previous questions and answers is fine but hijacking the discussion is not it may lead to zero or near zero answers. so the original question is not the same as the question you have. Your question appears to be identical to another question that somebody asked and that persons never been seen again? But they did get an answer is posted below.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:35 PM, jdm said:

Seiko 8Fxx "perpetual calendar" do not set date with the crown by only by making contacts on the module. 

Check YT video by Mark our admin or the multitude othe I go to learn ho to set date. 

so the question you're responding to with the exact same problem is what is the stem number and it is this 0351196.

I've also attached some PDFs the owners manual is interesting? Is not overly helpful because it assumes you will return the watch to them for the battery change. But I also have a battery change sheet which explains the setting and the service manual which also has setting instructions.

https://youtu.be/F3hVre1yf_k

SEIKO_4F32_8F32_8F33.pdf 4F32A,8F32A,33A,35A.pdf 4F8F_series battery replacement battery.pdf

• Like 1