Long time watch lover and now I am servicing and repairing

I am a simple man.  52 years old and I chose the greatest time to start working on watches.  Eye sight is going quickly but I am adjusting.  Recently aquired the contents of an old repair shop that closed down in late 70s (I believe).  There is so much stuff.  I have been separating and have found some pretty cool stuff.  I really like servicing old seikos. Have done many and recently an omega bumper.  Just found this forum and hope to interact and have fun.  It is never too late to do whatever you chose. Can I get a Seiko rules !!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheBlindOne said:

It is never too late to do whatever you chose.

Very true!

Welcome to WRT. As @watchweasolnoted above, there are quite a few knowledgeable folks here (I'm not one of them - I just started with all of this).

Cool that you were able to pick-up a shop's worth of stuff. 

The whole eye thing is biting me as well. I'm 68 but had a stroke last year. After they did a carotid endarterectomy, a plaque wandered into the optic nerve of my left eye and kind of clobbered my left eye. Getting old s*cks but I guess it beats the alternative?

11 hours ago, TheBlindOne said:

I am a simple man.  52 years old and I chose the greatest time to start working on watches.  Eye sight is going quickly but I am adjusting.  Recently aquired the contents of an old repair shop that closed down in late 70s (I believe).  There is so much stuff.  I have been separating and have found some pretty cool stuff.  I really like servicing old seikos. Have done many and recently an omega bumper.  Just found this forum and hope to interact and have fun.  It is never too late to do whatever you chose. Can I get a Seiko rules !!!!

Hello TBO, many of us use initials to refer to each other as some of us have quite long profile names. Welcome to the forum, it's a fantastic place with loads of good guys with all varying skill levels here to help in whatever way they can. What a find for you I am so jealous, please tell us more of your acquisition (tools I am a tool geek). I hear you on the Seiko, I have 4 new in my collection. I will go to cool 👍not quite rule, but I'd love some icons such as the # Pogue # .Anyways enjoy your time on here. Ps I'm glad you called yourself "THE" blind one 🙂 .

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.