Seconds hand in Omega cal 354 doesn’t stay in place

I have this Constellation with cal 354. Some days ago I noticed the seconds hand crossed the minutes hand. I opened it and tried to put it back correctly however it keeps detaching from the pinion, sometimes it leans toward the dial. My guess is something is wrong inside in the pinion wheel and also maybe the hole of the hand is enlarged. Any advice ?

15 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Sounds very much like the hole in the hand is loose and you need to close it up a little, Try fitting it in a pinvise and  tightening the vice a little but be very careful not to over do it   checkit after each adjustment.

The tube is so small that it's extremely difficult to fit it in the pinvise, it also closes as a cross rather then a circle so I think it would modify the tube shape. I think I will bring it to a watchmaker.

15 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

The seconds hand should have a tube that you can tighten. 

You ought to check the pinion for defect ,under good magnification both at rest and when turning, might be bent or damaged.

doesn't seem the pinion has any defect. Yet I don't understand why the hand sometimes leans on the dial

An other way is to fit the hand tube into a lathe collet and squeeze it up but without a lathe its a non starter. I have seen it advocated to slip a hair in the tube and then press it on a cut off the excess. I guess your watch maker will either replace the hand or use the lathe method.

• 2 months later...