Need help with a Timex:

I have a Timex I've been hoping to recase, and tracking down the right size has proved challenging.  The movement is a marvelous runner.  But the original case has a broken lug.  I'm hoping if anyone might have one kicking around, they may chime in here.  To be honest, I'm also hoping to hear from @JerseyMo and any other resident Timex pros.  The dial number reads - 2117 25704 (or it might be 2570A, not sure about that last digit) I've got pictures below, and a modicum of hope, and boatloads of gratitude for any tips, suggestions, or whatever guidance you all have.

IMG_20220406_214223.jpg

IMG_20220406_214309.jpg

IMG_20220406_214449.jpg

IMG_20220406_214430.jpg

IMG_20220406_214459.jpg

Edited by KarlvonKoln

10 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

This looks close.  Not the same dial number.  What are the dimensions?

wrong case.  this is a Mercury and the watch above is a Marlin.  Major difference is the water resistance features.  Most notable will be the stem tube.  I don't have a case at the moment but stuff is always coming in.

11 hours ago, KarlvonKoln said:

I have a Timex I've been hoping to recase, and tracking down the right size has proved challenging.  The movement is a marvelous runner.  But the original case has a broken lug.  I'm hoping if anyone might have one kicking around, they may chime in here.  To be honest, I'm also hoping to hear from @JerseyMo and any other resident Timex pros.  The dial number reads - 2117 25704 (or it might be 2570A, not sure about that last digit) I've got pictures below, and a modicum of hope, and boatloads of gratitude for any tips, suggestions, or whatever guidance you all have.

it is 2570A.  Model 25 movement from 1970 the A is commonly thought of as time of year made.  A = first half and B = second half.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

This looks close.  Not the same dial number.  What are the dimensions?

I haven't had a moment to measure it, but the specs in the sheet below say 21.08 mm by 25.35 mm.  I will try to get the thinkness posted.

9 hours ago, JerseyMo said:

wrong case.  this is a Mercury and the watch above is a Marlin.  Major difference is the water resistance features.  Most notable will be the stem tube.  I don't have a case at the moment but stuff is always coming in.

Thank you for checking anyway.  So, the one I'm working on is a Marlin?  Wondered about that.