Hi, I am Luis and I am learning and very excited about watch repairs. I've watched many videos about the topic and read many valuable information about watchmaking. I've repaired only 3 timepieces so far, one seiko5, one benrus, and one bulova. All this started when my wife gave me a watch for Christmas 🎁. I've always found intriguing the way a mechanical watch works and the more I learn the more I like it.

On the other hand, I am recently repairing a Waltham pocket watch. It has serial# 11597145 and the model is 1891e. As soon as I took the balance out I realized it has the roller jewel missing. I am attaching some pics to this intro so maybe someone here can help me out. I need to know where to find the right roller jewel because I know there are so many sizes. Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

20220404_215756.jpg

20220404_215813_HDR.jpg

Thanks for the intro @Luismartinezdecuba, welcome to the WRT forum! I'm also relatively new and I'm in the middle of my first service of an Elgin Grade 313 movement.

You might get a quicker response if you post your specific question here. I think in general the Introduction forum is a formality and it isn't read by the regular gurus (although a few do read and check-in here).

It looks like you're able to take great photos and I suspect that you might find various ways of replacing the single jewel or the entire balance. Good luck!

• 1 month later...