Tissot Roller Table and Bestfit.

I'm in the middle of a teardown, repair, re-assembly of a Tissot 27-2t movement from the late '40's.  I'm trying to track down a roller table with the impulse jewel in it.  Used movements of this caliber are tough to come by on the Bay so I tried MATSYS to get a bestfit number which was 82S/373R and the factory number 730/ETA 2890 according to the search.

When I did a 'bestfit# & interchangeability" using the bestfit number above, it came back with ten (10) movements....six ETAs and four Omegas.  Thing is, all these movements are from the 1990's or newer.  I can't conceive that the roller table on a late '40's watch is still being used fifty years later.  Perhaps I'm applying the numbers wrong.

Go on to Dr ranfft's site to see all calibers of the family T27-t is a member of, notice the family beats 18000 per hr , roller tables interchange.

Profile of impulse jewel has to do with lift angle and the table steers the guard pin, a roller table and iimpuls jewel assembly may interchange between caliber of different beat as well. 

• Like 1

Ranfft's site is the first site I visit when looking for parts to a movement I'm working on because it lists other movements from the family.  Its also the place I go before picking up another movement to see how many other movements I might be able to get parts from and its how I know the movements that the MATSYS returned on the interchangeability search I did where much newer than the movement I need the part for.  It really is a handy tool.

Just for the hell of, I'm going to grab a scrap movement the MATSYS returned in my search and see if the roller table would work with my vintage Tissot.

These are the returns I got from the MATSYS search for the Bestfit # (82s/373R).  I'm interpreting these as movement numbers...is  that correct?image.png.4cafeba37ac0c6b9f930d6be1bb1a5a6.png

Edited by PostwarO27

I've looked at the good old fashioned Bestfit catalogue for you...

This indicates the roller reference should be 104R where you've been guided to 373R. In fact roller references don't even go that high in this olde worlde catalogue but given your movements is from the 1950s I'd be more inclined to believe it especially as your 373R seems to be referencing much more modern movements.

The dimensions btw for the 104R roller are given in the image below if it helps cross reference any.

The 104R reference roller is shared across the whole of the Tissot '27' family and a handful of other manufacturers. Specifically if it helps:

Cupillard: 233, 233D

International: 70, 77, 88, 89

Tissot: 27-2, 27.3, 27-21T, 27-23, 27.53, 27.63, 27B, 27B1, 27B2, 27B-21, 27B-621, 27M, 27T, 27-1T, 27-2T, 27-61T

Wittnauer: 17T, 17TT, 65

image.png.f8db9f04e8aa71e92493e4cdf1484c68.png

• Like 1

This is how green I am...  I found out why my search on they MATSYS was giving me references to much newer movements.  I don't have an account so I was using the 'online demo' version.  That gives the same results no matter what caliber you type into the search.

This makes your info all the more valuable.  I tracked down a roller table with the impulse jewel intact from a Cuppillard 233 on Ebay.  I got the table and delivery for under $10US