colour coded oil pins

Hello all noobie here

So I'm getting ready to strip down a watch and clean it and then lubricate the watch parts.

I have armed myself with oil and grease also fixodrop, also added to the mix I have bought a oil well and oiling pins in different colors but I'm having finding information on what color pin to use. Is there a chart or video explaining what oil pin to use.

I have tried searching this web forum or info also the internet but sadly my lack of knowledge has made it hard to find what I need to search for  

2 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I have bought a oil well and oiling pins in different colors but I'm having finding information on what color pin to use. Is there a chart or video explaining what oil pin to use.

There is no chart or standard relating handle colors to different lubricants. The economy oilers you've bought are probably all of the same size, that's unlike the better quality, their colors represent the tip size. You use the bigger ones to place more lubricant into a large area e.g. a barrel wall or lid, the smaller where very little oil has to go precisely on a spot.

So jdm do you or others have any advice on size of pin to use.

If I think about it I would go with the finest size and just use that for all the oil and maybe the next size to add the grease.

Different manufacturers use the colours in different ways to indicate tip size, though it seems that black is used by (almost) all for the finest in a set. The sizes themselves are not standardised, so one manufacturer's "very fine" might be like another's "fine". Add to that the different tip shapes (sharp point, spade etc). Also, the amount of oil collected by the tip depends on viscosity and technique. For example, if you lift the oiler slowly and vertically out of your oil pot, you will collect much less than if you lay it flat and lift quickly. There is no correct tip size for a specific lubrication type.

The chart you are searching for doesn't exist. The correct amount of oil in the right place is the result you need, and the only way to get there is to know what is right, learn how to use the tools you have and practice a lot. It doesn't really matter how you get to that result. Use the finest oiler you have and add oil bit by bit if you want. Its quicker than adding too much in one go, then having to strip and re-clean. Look on this forum and elsewhere for advice on the correct amount of oil or grease in any particular place.