Tony _ New Member

al19599

Hello my name is Tony!

I am new to the world of watchmaking, actually I have some limited experience in watch sales, but I am definitely new to the repair side of watchmaking. I currently am studying the courses from Mark‘s educational videos on WatchFix and have purchased all of the necessary tools to get started. In addition, I bought a few other nice additions such as a Bergeon staking set, Horotec oilers and several other vintage tool additions!

I am very happy and excited to be here, and cannot wait to contribute in any way possible, and also to absorb as much knowledge as possible surrounding horology, and the wonderful world of watchmaking! 🙂

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hey Jack!

I appreciate the comment thank you!

To be honest I started about a year ago buying my tools, I also bought them gradually. If you haven’t already bought screwdrivers and tweezers, my advice would be to buy the best possible that your budget will allow.

Unfortunately, I wasted money on the first set that I bought trying to be cheap 🤦‍♂️. My advice, would be to go with either Dumont or Bergeon, for the tweezers especially the brass ones, since you’ll use these the most. 
I’m glad to hear that you’re in the classes 🙂. Mark Lovick is the man! I learned a ton from the courses and enjoyed them very much. I still actually have a couple that I have to finish myself.

Take care and best best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the intro @al19599 welcome to the WRT forum! I'm also relatively new and I'm in the middle of my first service of an Elgin Grade 313 movement which has been stalled for a while as I was waiting for oil and a mainspring winder. Well, my oil arrived today and luckily I picked up an identical 2nd movement so as I disassemble that one it will help me remember how to re-assemble the first one! I've posted some shots of my watches here.

From the looks of your included photo, you're off to a good start!