6497 clone mainspring

drD

Just to add to the mystery I was thinking about mainspring winders sets like specialized ones specific for various calipers. It also gives us a clue that there definitely Different if they are two separate winders.

Bergeron mainspring winders 6497 variations.JPG

3 hours ago, drD said:

SO i guess that the 6497-2 then. Is that right?

Yes that's what you need to do.

Then of course the problem is purchasing the right mainspring because a lot of the sellers seem to think that they're all identical and they lump them all together and they're not obviously.

great. Looks like gleave and co do the mainspring for this for 15£. Ill give them a ring on tuesday and check the arbor diameter for this, then hopfeully get the thing back running. Id assumed the most complicated part would reassembly not finding the right spring!!

thanks all.

drD

so sadly im no further forward. Gleave and co politely told me that im stuffed with a chinese movement, would entertain any measurements of the arbor or barrel and tough luck.  

Anyone got any ideas. Gleave also said that i couldnt even add an eta mainspring and barrel to the movement as it wouldnt work.

As many probably have practiced on these movements id greatly appreciate further assistance!!!

Replacement Watch Movement Clockwork Mainspring For ETA 6497-1/6497 Mechanical Swiss Watch Movement Repair Tool parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOvweY0

Would this help?

But for that price, another £10 would get you a whole movement. That would give you spares for anything else that might break or go missing.

1pcs watch movement 17 Jewels mechanical Asia 6497 Hand-Winding movement fit for men's watch wrist watch men

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0kMV6Y

Thanks Hector, this is what im now thinking might be the best option, plenty of spares too.

Im frustrated that i cant get info on internal diameter of springs etc, as it means replacing parts like this is basically impossible or hugely expensive in terms of trial and error. 

i wonder if i can find a used original eta on ebay so that i can actually buy individual parts with some confidence.