Hello, and welcome from Edinburgh, Scotland

Hello from Edinburgh, the sunny (well, at the moment!) capital of Scotland.

I am a retired Physics teacher who has always had an interest in all things scientific and mechanical and have been collecting such items as and when I have been able to afford them all my life. My interest in clocks (sorry - watches are too small now for me to work on!) started when I was given a longcase clock by a neighbour in Glasgow because I had kept it going for her for years since she found it difficult to wind. That was 57 years ago and the clock has survived several house removals but still is the most reliable of all the clocks I have.

Recently, since lockdown, I have been attending local auctions (virtually) and have been buying clocks that seem to be overlooked by other buyers, rather than see them go unsold. My most recent acquisitions have been a BF Postman's alarm (more of this in a later post, I hope), which was poorly described by the auctioneer and so was overlooked by potential buyers. This triggered an interest in such clocks and so I am now the proud owner of a tandem, holzgespindelten wag-on-the-wall clock. This clock came with weights but no pendulum, so I have just begged a wire coat-hanger from my wife to make a replacement pendulum - about the level of my clockmaking ability. Hopefully I will soon be able to post photos of this clock and get some help with dating it.

Other interests include family history and woodwork - this last interest will soon be put to good use in making a 'chair' to support my latest acquisition.

Thanks for reading this far.

Campbell White