Fossil fs4784

Hi everybody

I´m trying to change the watchmovement S11 VD51B on my fossil watch but i am not able to get it out of the watch.

Is it possible that the movement is installed from the glas side so i need to remove (smash) the gal to get it out that way

and then replace the glas with a new one?

Regards Björn

2 hours ago, BjornLarka said:

Is it possible that the movement is installed from the glas side so i need to remove (smash) the gal to get it out that way

That is called a front loader case and your is the most frequently asked question by beginners that proceed to take apart things the wrong and potentially damaging way before researching about how to do what they don't kno  how is done.

The  metal ring around the crystal is called bezel and is removed by prying gently around. In some case a special tool in needed to do that without damage - for a conscious professional even a small mark is damage.

And when there is no bezel the crystal is maade pop out with a small air pump, see? No smashing needed. 

Then in either case you need a caseback or crystal press to put things back together, Of course ordering quartz modules online is easy, but for proper repair one need knowledge and tools also,

• Like 2

I think jdm said it all. there are tools to do the job but knowlwdge of how to use them are of paramount importance. Whats wrong with the old module.  Ask first then proceed with the answers.  Its always best to accompany questions with pictures of the movement you are enquiring about.

• Like 1

Thats a good reason to replace the  module.  First thing to do is either get some tools to be able to put back the case back and the bezel and glass. Awapping the nodule and re fitting the hands is quite straight forward but putting it all back together without the tools could be quite duficult.