When your Baume's case back just won't give

Dmitry

Hello team!

I have scoured various forums for any hacks on how to open a Baume, or Rolex case back that just won't yield to a ball.

I did not have a Horotec dye of matching size to open my new acquisition, but the drive to get inside was simply overwhelming and orders of magnitude more urgent than the 32.5 dye's delivery option.

Before I start getting criticism (constructive feedback) for not using expensive tools to open such watches, I want to go on record that I have ordered a proper dye to close the case, but I do not think that even with the dye I would have been able to open it. It was just way too tight on.

So I glued it:) Superglued a larger matching socket to the case back, put the case in a vice and used my trusty car wrench to open the case. The case back and gunk did not stand a chance:)

Removal is easy, just a bit of acetone does not hurt the stainless steel and dissolves the clue.

I am going to put the case back on hand-tight with the proper dye, but this glueing technique might help someone in the future to crack open a case without ruining tools or the case🙂

IMG_20211109_204857.jpg

• Like 2