Help with nomenclature.

Shane

I am trying to find out what the name for the more metallic looking replaceable pivot holes are called and what materials are used in their construction.  I have looked around but without the correct wording I'm not finding what I am looking for.

I have a hard time calling them jewels but they preform similar function and install in a similar way.

As always, Thanks for your time.

Shane

13 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Brass hole or brass bushing rings a bell. 

There were even brass inserts  that you then dril the hole in as you need.

A question that one normally pay attention to or think might be asked.

Regs 

Sorry, my question may have been unclear.  I'm speaking of what looks to be a silver toned metal in a setting that is pressed into what some would consider to be "lower end watches".  Some of them seem to be blind on one end and possibly only serviceable by their replacement.  If they were clear, translucent pink or red, I would call them jewels.  They must be harder than that plate's base material or I would see no value in the effort.

To bring clarity to my question, I have ordered several "shock resistant Jewel assortments" from a reputable suppler and received a disproportionate number of these and others like them.  A considerable number appear to be rigidly staked in place but I can't tell without better magnification. 

CM210922-043648001_2.jpg.cf9bd393daf9fc3aa0bf2e3aa502f8a9.jpgCM210922-044104002_2.jpg.d14105c7eedd13e3a1ac75de321eae93.jpg

I do not see how these are the "shock resistant Jewels" upper and lower that I thought I was purchasing.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I'm speaking of what looks to be a silver toned metal in a setting that is pressed into what some would consider to be "lower end watches". 

bushing might still be the correct term possibly may be perhaps? If the brass bushing is pushed in and the watch plate is plated is going to no longer look like a brass bushing. Most of the time though what looks like a bushing is not. You'd have to look at the backside to see if it actually looks like a separate piece of metal. Because otherwise I don't think in watches normally there are steel bushings there only brass.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

"shock resistant Jewel assortments"

you have to be careful with the term assortments? Basically it may mean that they just throw whole bunch of things into the package and they may or may not be exactly what you're hoping for. For instance the picture you have that does not look like it is shock resistant it looks more permanent. Basically something you would find in a really cheap watch.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

you have to be careful with the term assortments? Basically it may mean that they just throw whole bunch of things into the package and they may or may not be exactly what you're hoping for. For instance the picture you have that does not look like it is shock resistant it looks more permanent. Basically something you would find in a really cheap watch.

I think you are making my point.

Not sure how to be careful other then reading the description, "Shockproof Bloc Assortment of Top and Bottom" and looking at the representative photo below.

a20074_pic1_cmyk.jpg.de96d4d5fc6f9f946949268c39db1ffd.jpg

I don't think I got what I paid for.  I could not manage the above photo using all six packages that I purchased.  This is one out of six but they are all about the same.

CM210922-044104002.thumb.jpg.592a90f9d57cb4ed5760939c5c42a3c9.jpgCM210922-043648001.thumb.jpg.a8e46cc680e6d75a5ab5218c94811289.jpg