I can't set the stem back into a miyota 8215

lorax

I messed up and removed the crown stem while in the time setting position, I'm tired and wasn't thinking. Now I can't get it back in. Did I ruin the keyless works? Already tried wiggling it and also depressed the button and it does go in but can only change the time and screw down and nothing else so I'm assuming I've messed up the keyless works.

Edited by lorax

Most likley you have displaced the keyless work, You will have to temove the dail and hands to rectify the problem.       If you look at  cousins UK watch parts site https://www.cousinsuk.com/document  and type in miyota 8215 it will give you a parts sheet and an exploded drawing of the movement that will be of assistance to you.  I am unable to attach the document as it is now not allowing pdf's to be attached.       see accepted file types.

1 hour ago, lorax said:

I messed up and removed the crown stem while in the time setting position

Which on Miyota is the correct position. In all cases, if the pinion has walked from under the lever, it must be reset by partial disassembly.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jdm said:

Which on Miyota is the correct position. In all cases, if the pinion has walked from under the lever, it must be reset by partial disassembly.  

You are correct. I took a spare 8215 I have and removed it in the hand setting position and it popped right back in. I was misremembering. There was a movement I had in the past where if you removed the stem while in the hand setting position, you guaranteed you'd have to reset the keyless works which I misremembered as the 8215. I feel a better that the stem not seating isn't caused by me doing something stupid. Another thing this watch did was the button you press to remove the crown was extremely stiff and the stem was hard to remove, it might've been messed up from the start. I'll take the hands and dial off tomorrow and see what's up. I figured it was the keyless works since I can't imagine what else the problem would be but I wanted to make sure because I hate setting hands. Thank you.