Omega Calibre 612

Hello

Does anyone have any info on this movement? It seems that there are not much info out there on the web about it. Can find lots of info on the 613 but not the 12.

So far this is what I have found

It is a manual winding movement, 12 1/2 lignes in size, has a date function, 17 jewels, 38 hour power reserve, beats at 19,800 A/hr

I am very curious as to the years of production and what models and case numbers it was used in.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

post-960-0-17618400-1429907758.jpg

From my knowledge the Cal 612 was produced from 1959 to 1966 , the exact quantity is not known but can range from 100,000 to 330,000 units per year over a 6-7 year period, how many of the 612 were made, Omega never noted.

Although not as commonly found the 612 shares pretty much the same construction as the 613, infact i don't even recall if there is a difference at all. They likely discontinued the use of the caliber # as they may have wanted to use 613 designation in its place and saw no need to have a cal 612.

Going only from memory i believe the 612 was used in Ladies Geneve & DeVille models as well as a handful of others, although exact watches i could not tell you as most were then used with cal 613 or similar.

Not much more i can tell you but i hope it helps a little. Slightly rarer but i don't think any more valuable than a 613 :)

Thanks for the info. I figured it was from about that timeframe.

Here are a few more pics of the watch. i would love to get some feedback on what you guys think of it.

The movement looks 100% real to me but the case has me thinking that it has been recased at some point. There are no markings on the case that I can find. The only markings are on the case back. I'll post a pic of that.

Recase or not I love the watch. My friends jokingly call me Don Draper when I wear it. :) and it keeps time as good as every new eta movement that I have.

post-960-0-33404900-1430159800_thumb.jpg

post-960-0-87907400-1430159814_thumb.jpg

post-960-0-23327100-1430159831_thumb.jpg

post-960-0-95809500-1430159849_thumb.jpg

post-960-0-15619600-1430159871_thumb.jpg

The serial number dates it to 1970 , but i would think it has been re-cased as i can't find that case number at the moment relating to a seamaster and there is no seamaster logo on the case back so it is possibly a fraken but will do a bit more looking .

edit looks to be a Geneve case from c1967 which housed a 613 calibre so it is possibly a redial with a seamaster dial

Edited by Andyclient

That's how I feel about it. I like the look. It will get use. And considering what my wife paid for it, what a steal.

That's the main thing you like it will wear it and enjoy it, that's what it's all about in the end

It's a nice looking watch and if it was a bargain even better

I am wondering if I should source an original geneve dial and put it back to what it should look like.

I like thevwaybitblooks but I would hate to be called out on it by someone who knows watches. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was trying to pass off a fake.

Maybe I am just being overly sensitive.

What to you guys think? I am not looking to increase the value of of the watch. And I don't sell my watches. I keep and whear them. So it would be only for me.

maybe I'm just being silly.

Frankly, I wouldn't bust a gut over it. If you like the way it looks, feels and runs, then just enjoy it.

It looks fine to me - it's not every day I run into a pub and say, "Hi guys - let's compare Omegas!" :D

Cheers,

Will

I am wondering if I should source an original geneve dial and put it back to what it should look like.

I like thevwaybitblooks but I would hate to be called out on it by someone who knows watches. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was trying to pass off a fake.

Maybe I am just being overly sensitive.

What to you guys think? I am not looking to increase the value of of the watch. And I don't sell my watches. I keep and whear them. So it would be only for me.

maybe I'm just being silly.

Or a seamaster case. :-). I would keep as is. Be proud if it.

Its about how the watch makes you feel, if you enjoy it then it matters not a dot what anyone else thinks :)

Personally i like it ( and i am a big omega fan ), and if it keeps good time then all the better. The original watch may be long gone but even trying to replicate it would still not make it original so enjoy the watch as it is, theres nothing wrong with a re-case if it means a decent movement can live on :)

• Like 1

Its about how the watch makes you feel, if you enjoy it then it matters not a dot what anyone else thinks :)

Personally i like it ( and i am a big omega fan ), and if it keeps good time then all the better. The original watch may be long gone but even trying to replicate it would still not make it original so enjoy the watch as it is, theres nothing wrong with a re-case if it means a decent movement can live on :)

Spot on , totally agree