Omega 710 - Removing the center wheel

Another unexpected challenge on this Omega 710. The center wheel seems to be friction fit to a gear on the face side of the watch - some sort of odd cannon pinion arrangement I think.

See the red arrow in the pic below. What is the correct/safe procedure to remove this setup? I was thinking of using a Presto #3 tool (pic below). Thoughts??

p1.thumb.jpg.613cf384fcbb1c340b8146173865bde8.jpgp2.thumb.jpg.23bc33a9b52f9fb04a1aa6616833cbce.jpg

p3.jpg

Tried to translate some text from Swedish to English since most of my service sheets are in Swedish, but from the drawing you get a sense of how the floating motion works on these looks like.
I only worked on the older ones and lifted the small gear off with a couple of leavers, but it looks your wheel is of a different design. There is a jewel in between the wheels and if you lift the small wheel of the pinion on the center wheel should hold onto the mainplate and not press the jewel out.
But here is what one should expect according to my  the Omega sheets.
Omega710-711.thumb.png.7e6254c76141ebed7b3663ff48f0a32b.png

• Thanks 1

I would suggest putting the plate back on the backside before attempting to remove the canon pinion. That's because in attempting to remove it if you should twist in or lien at it might be possible chipper break the jewel. then I'm attaching some images you're supposed to use tweezers.

omega 710 cp 2.JPG

omega 710 cp 1.JPG

• Thanks 1