Help identifying manufacturer / caliber for this lovely Ball Watch / Clock

Hello team,

my better half has recently acquired a ball clock and I am having trouble identifying the manufacturer or caliber (size is 28S). 

1. The hour hand is broken off, I want to source the original replacement, but without knowing what I am looking for it is kind of difficult.

2. When flat on the back, the watch runs near perfectly - only with a deviation of about 2 seconds, but when I put it in the intended stand position, deviation grows to about 120 seconds! I will appreciate any insights into where to dig. I suspect the jewels that hold the balance wheel, but hope it is something more trivial.

Thank you for any insights.

1627478916644.jpg

1627478916649.jpg

Hi The last one of those I had my hands on was a chinese one. that looks like it may be swiss with the bar movement.  There may be marking on the plate under the dial. If not you can measure the canon pininon and the hour wheel with a vernier.     https://blog.esslinger.com/how-to-measure-watch-hands/#:~:text=will fit onto.-,Simply place the flat sides of your gauge against the,have a 3 hand movement.           as per the the link.

4 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi The last one of those I had my hands on was a chinese one. that looks like it may be swiss with the bar movement.  There may be marking on the plate under the dial. If not you can measure the canon pininon and the hour wheel with a vernier.     https://blog.esslinger.com/how-to-measure-watch-hands/#:~:text=will fit onto.-,Simply place the flat sides of your gauge against the,have a 3 hand movement.           as per the the link.

Nothing under the dial besides that 6 pointed star at about 8:30.

1627508027065.jpg

I've only seen Chinese fakes. It says "Omega" and "Switzerland" but it's absolute junk inside. The good thing is it's glass and everything inside is visible and magnified.

If you look on Ebay, globe clocks are usually from China, India or Russia. I hope yours is a genuine one.

41 minutes ago, HectorLooi said:

I've only seen Chinese fakes. It says "Omega" and "Switzerland" but it's absolute junk inside. The good thing is it's glass and everything inside is visible and magnified.

If you look on Ebay, globe clocks are usually from China, India or Russia. I hope yours is a genuine one.

Looks very old. The hairspring is blued, appears old school. The porcellain dial is slightly cracked on the edge. 

I have acquired it at a local Canadian auction site which is quite reputable, so I doubt it is a cheap Chinese fake.

I have found one instance of a reference to Junghans for the six pointed star mark,  but I cannot find a matchin caliber on any of the Junghans reference sites.

Looks very similar to this:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&1017