GS Diver tite crystal installation

I guess they call them "diver tite" for a reason.

I am trying to install one on a watch.  To the eyeball, the size perfectly matches the crystal that came out.

I am using a BB crystal press and putting the crystal in inverted while pressing in the center and dropping the case on from above. 

Of course, there is always the fear of too much pressure.

I have the fitting on the bottom that is concaved so as to cause the crystal to reduce its diameter.  It has a tension ring which must be overcome.

Any advice?

This is not my first crystal to install this way, but I think the thing is so thick...it just takes a lot of pressure.

I think the link might be what you're looking for. It has the tension ring usually a push on the outer edge. And a lot of people use a plastic bag jbetween the crystal and the crystal press just to keep from damaging it.

https://blog.esslinger.com/how-to-press-a-tension-ring-fit-watch-crystal-into-place-with-a-watch-crystal-press/

2 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

I think the link might be what you're looking for. It has the tension ring usually a push on the outer edge. And a lot of people use a plastic bag jbetween the crystal and the crystal press just to keep from damaging it.

https://blog.esslinger.com/how-to-press-a-tension-ring-fit-watch-crystal-into-place-with-a-watch-crystal-press/

Yeah, I have read and watch this before. I may be just 0.1mm too big.  Dunno.

my memory of the last time I did one of those was a heck of a lot of pressure.

how do curiosity did you measure the crystal size? Yes I know it came in a package it was indicated to be a certain size but did you measure the actual size of the crystal? The reason I ask is it was my understanding from the local material house that the crystals can have variations in size.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

I have the fitting on the bottom that is concaved so as to cause the crystal to reduce its diameter.  It has a tension ring which must be overcome. 

With a tension ring don't use the concave pusher from underneath - the crystal is fitted directly into the case/bezel. I have a diagram on my Robur set, will send a picture Saturday if I can't find one online to send. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Plato said:

Ha ha! In my rush to try and answer a question I didn't even notice a solution was given and the problem was already solved! 

That is alright...the site you linked is now bookmarked for future reference.  Very nice site.  I have several of those tools.

• Like 1