Rolex Copy

That's a DG2813. A very popular cheap Chinese workhorse. It can perform pretty well but is a pain to service, it's one of the movements I'd like to see Mark have a go with just because so many people consider them unserviceable.

I think this is the movement that was inserted into my brothers Breitling copy.  If it is the same movement the centre of the occulting weight is just a brass/copper bushing & it had worn badly so it did not auto wind. A very difficult repair for an inexpensive movement so gave it a miss.

Good info here, which brings the question, can you switch it for and ETA 2836?

Some fakes bring those and they have the added bonus they are not far from reality...with some imagination. Also it will make the watch serviceable in the future. If I'm not mistaken some Chinese movements (like that one, maybe) are swappable since they try to mimic the same specs (measurements). In my mind it would be a good project and if the 2836 is not available (used, ebay), maybe the 2846 may work...being the same family...consider the hands size, they may have to be sourced to be correct if the holes are different on the originals.

cheers,

Bob

PS. As clockboy says, I'd rather source the whole movement rather than fix it.

It's a clone of the Miyota 8215, and there are other alternatives like Seagull TY2806.

You might be able to switch it with an ETA 2824-2 (also 11.5 ligne), but you would have to cut the dial feet and get a new set of hands. Also, the DG2813 is 21600 bph vs 28800 for the ETA.

One could argue that the 2813 is a better movement compared with the original Miyota because the Chinese improved some things like adding a hacking function.

Quality wise it might be a different story, these Chinese movements are made by several factories (Dixmont Guangzhou, Nanning and others) and the quality can be a bit hit and miss.