Hairspring overcoil bend

On 6/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, JohnR725 said:

strangely enough it does all of those things but I appear to be confused? I was under the impression that the banking pins were to control the fork horn clearance? Then once you get that adjusted you can adjust the jewels to get the proper locking depth.

pallet fork horn clearance.JPG

Yes, that's pretty much what I said...having chosen different words perhaps 🙂

27 minutes ago, SndChsr said:

Yes, that's pretty much what I said...having chosen different words perhaps

I'm just being nitpicky here. Banking pins only for horn clearance yes it affects everything else but there only for the horn clearance. That means all the rest of the words you use were irrelevant. First you set the horn clearance. Second you checked the guard pin clearance. then with your safety features basically locked in place now you can check the fork. That means if the pallet fork stones are not where there supposed to be you have to move them.

yes you can make an assumption that everything was perfect in the first place and somebody moved the banking pins all you have to do is put the banking pins back where there supposed to be and then everything else will be correct which does work providing nobody else played with the pallet fork stones.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Certainly looks like a ring that needs unscrewing in that photo. It definitely looks like a thread above the castellated ring as well. Separate to the caseback ring thread. It even looks to be a smaller diameter. I would expect that. Once undone out of its thread, it should fall out of the case. Would it be possible to make a tool shaped like a letter H with one side of the H engaging the castellations in the ring and the other side of the H for you to be able to unscrew it using your hand? Making a tool with 6 'legs' to pick up all of the castellations would be a labour of love.
    • Can anyone advise how to remove the crystal from a Vertex DD case ?  I think I need to unscrew an internal retainer ?  It definitely isn't just pushing out.
    • Alright, the job is done. I first filed down the stubs flat. I then used a Proxxon hand drill first with a 0.5mm bit to score a point to work from, then a 1mm drill bit to properly drill out some lug holes. I just went slowly, checking the depth as I went. I drilled the inside of the lugs, leaving the outsides unblemished. I was worried that drilling at an angle might be a problem, but it turned out fine. Lug holes don't need to be very accurate, so it was actually easy to create holes to easily accommodate a spring bar. The result is a 'good enough' outcome that worked for me. Thanks for your help everyone, loving the hobby so far. I learn so much with each project.
    • Welcome to the forum. Yep not a cheap hobby by any means , Ali Express, the Chinese Amazon has some decent tools but should ask the members their thoughts before purchase.  A little reading to help you along. TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf
    • Welcome to the forum, enjoy.