An Interesting Site From An Independent Watch Maker - V. Vyskocyl

Forgot to say, when you get to the site, look at the left-hand side index and click particularly on the "Theory" link - which leads into a set of good animations on escapements and other engineering aspects.

The English has been translated for him by a "bi-lingual" lady, so be aware of some complications in the explanations!

And here's the URL for his actual watch: http://www.vyskocil.de/4.0.html?&L=1

Edited by WillFly
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for posting this. This goes back to the other thread on what we want from a watch for me. One mans vision with some out of the way thinking but packaged in a watch that is discreet. I wonder what the cost is? I would imagine looking at the case material and fit and finish its north of $20,000.

That has just topped my "when I win the lottery" list.

From both the aesthetic and the mechanical design point of view it is about as close as it gets to my perfect watch for a modern piece. I love the open, un-crowded layout of the wheel train coupled with the huge barrel and balance wheel. And the fine regulator is beautifully executed. Fantastic.

It's interesting to compare the movement design with that of the Roger W Smith series 2 movement. Another hand made and beautifully executed design but very English in it's philosophy compared to this one.

It had better be a damned big lottery win 'cos there's one of those on the list too....

• Like 1