Help On Tag Heuer Professional 200 - Stem Crown

Hi All

A friend asked me to fix this Tag Professional 200 WK1110-1 with a Quartz F06-111 movement that has it stem and crown detach as photo below.

post-660-0-40867600-1428922795_thumb.jpg

The stem seem a bit small for the crown and maybe there are parts missing that he did not provide, any help on fixing this is much appreciated.

post-660-0-96603300-1428922914_thumb.jpg

Do I need to replace both the stem and crown as a set, or do I only need to get the "missing" parts ?

Affnan

P/s : My first job towards paying for the work bench :)

Looks like the threaded center of the crown has been sheered off the inside of the crown, (i'm guessing your friend forgot it was a screw down crown and tried to force it?) in which case you'll need a new crown which is the hard part, the stem may be salvageable, but getting a new stem would be easy/inexpensive in comparison. (should be available via standard suppliers)

Also why did you need to remove the movement cover plate? did the stem refuse to disengage via the setting lever? 

Edited by Ishima

Hi afnan,

In these parts those crowns can be had and are readily available but they are expensive...yes, I don't think I would have removed that plate. It is tricky to find where the setting lever is in some watches but the less you take apart on quartz, the better...unless you are giving a full service.

Cheers,

Bob

PS. You may have to heat that stem to recover it from the threaded piece of the crown. It is screwed in but may be thread locked or rusted or both.

Oh here's me thinking you had to get those sorts of parts from TAG, but of course suppliers like cousins keep them, I forget the supply chain side of things, because when I need parts like these I get them through my companies head-office, so I don't know where exactly they come from. 

Looked it up and yeah it all looks pretty easy/reasonable to get tag crowns. 

Edited by Ishima

Hi Bob/Ishima

Thanks for your advise, yes you are right the cover plate not required to be removed. I was having difficulties in getting a small enough tool to push the setting lever.. :)

The stem was probably broken off.. from the crown.

post-660-0-87664600-1428929872_thumb.jpg

However there is no sign of anything inside the crown, except an "O" ring for seal.. It is not a screw type of crown.

post-660-0-11395900-1428929920_thumb.jpg

On the case there is a pendant tube for the crown acting as a waterproof seal

post-660-0-89445100-1428929994_thumb.jpg

post-660-0-70064100-1428930007_thumb.jpg

I'll try to search in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow for parts at few shop that may has them, otherwise I'll do online. The last purchase I made online it took 2 months for the escape wheel to arrive.

Affnan

post-660-0-31133400-1428929088_thumb.jpg

post-660-0-30042100-1428929148_thumb.jpg

post-660-0-39671200-1428929533_thumb.jpg

post-660-0-38267500-1428929546_thumb.jpg

Upon closer inspection, I got the feeling that the stem shear off from the crown cleanly. It may be spot welded into the crown, unlike other watch where it is screw in..

post-660-0-52371600-1428931862_thumb.jpg

Huumm, this may be expensive.. as an assembly.. :(

Affnan

Bob

PS. You may have to heat that stem to recover it from the threaded piece of the crown. It is screwed in but may be thread locked or rusted or both.

Yep.. you are spot on there Bob... thanks.. :)

A new crown doesn't have to be so expensive . I think the hardest part is to find the right crown . Where was it now i saw some Tag Heuer parts ? Put the other parts back in the movement and see if everything works as it should . 

Edited by rogart63

Nil joy for original Tag Heuer crown over here, the fix is very easy but the parts are not made available. They supply on order to authorised repair agent :( which will charge exorbitant prices for a simple fix on a quartz.

To get it from places like Ofrei they charge shipping at about USD57.00, that then make it very expensive and not worth the trouble for this watch. I will advise my friend to go for a generic crown and keep the original as part of the watch history. (If Quarts has history that is)

BTW,  this watch uses ETA F06-111 which can be bought for less than 20 dollar, I guess it's Tag style, anything you can't see with naked eye will be cheap, those that you can see and touch will be controlled and expensive :(

Affnan

Nil joy for original Tag Heuer crown over here, the fix is very easy but the parts are not made available. They supply on order to authorised repair agent :( which will charge exorbitant prices for a simple fix on a quartz.

To get it from places like Ofrei they charge shipping at about USD57.00, that then make it very expensive and not worth the trouble for this watch. I will advise my friend to go for a generic crown and keep the original as part of the watch history. (If Quarts has history that is)

BTW,  this watch uses ETA F06-111 which can be bought for less than 20 dollar, I guess it's Tag style, anything you can't see with naked eye will be cheap, those that you can see and touch will be controlled and expensive :(

Affnan

If you order anything small under $52 you could get away with a S&H of $27 . There is a lot of Tag Heuer crowns on Ebay ? Can't you find anyone there?

I did search on ebay, can't get the exact needed. Most crown is of screw down type. What I need is a 5.25mm with O ring waterproof seal. All is not lost, it's a learning process for me. Getting to know the "ropes" is the hard part.

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone, please can you help me?

I have a Tag Heuer Link 200m with the same movement at this one.

The crown has sheared off the stem, so I want to replace it.

I have removed the case back OK, but I can't find the dimple or lever you press down to release the stem?

My movement looks the same as the one in the picture, so please can someone just put an arrow on where I have to press down?

Many thanks,

John McManus

I don't have a magnifying glass to read the engraving, maybe it is?

I will buy one tomorrow and see if I can see an arrow head on it too!

Any ideas where to press down?

I have found a supplier for the crown OK, but apparently Tag don't make the movements or stems.

Thanks.