Thoughts on this Ebay clock

wls1971

This clock came up for auction in January in a Local to me auction house, Its a Chippendale revival style clock, I remember viewing the clock and thinking it wasn't quite right its signed on the dial " Robt Best London" this was a clock maker operating from about 1780 to 1825 in London.

The movement is a three train, with the strike and chime being chain driven fusee and the going train weight driven, I've never seen a clock that is both fusee and weight driven, so my thoughts are that the 8 bell chiming movement had been adapted at some stage in its life for the case, the movement I think would be a mid Victorian bracket clock movement, is that possible or is this movement in original form?.

The clock has now surfaced on Ebay in the following link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERB-CHIPPENDALE-ANTIQUE-GRANDFATHER-CLOCK-ROBERT-BEST-LONDON-CHIMES-ON-BELLS/193957712022?hash=item2d28c7d096:g:PS4AAOSwDWVgTj97

As usual with Ebay sellers this clock has come straight from auction house to Ebay and is just as dirty as I saw it at the sale.

From what I can see it looks fine by me. Lots of strange things went on in London as it was the capital of clockmaking, strange things went on that never caught on or went out side of the city. With the movement that I can see it is of all the same quilty and due to its age has the same partina over it. Many of the Longcase musical ones had the music section bolted on as an extra section. I would say this would be close to 1825.  

I watched the auction online on the day of the sale, the hammer price was £1,750 plus commission the total would have been £2,200, I was tempted but had convinced myself it wasn't quite right I shall known next time I see this kind of movement.