New Member - At The Moment Watch

Hi all

Just joined and amazed at such a creative and inspiring site.

I have been a watchmaker for 21 years and really pleased to have found this site. I have found that no matter how long you've been in the trade - there is still much to learn.

I thought I'd post a couple of pics of a watch that I have just completed.

I have been after one of these for about 15 years (one that I could recondition myself)

Really happy with how it ended up.

45d90452b58161ec09fa1a8a61795de5.jpga728638e101e8a2a5f0d27fba88940b6.jpg

• Like 1

Now that is the type of watch I like and enjoy restoring, excellent quality with a bit of history. B)

On behalf of the members I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the forum. Mark who runs the site has indeed started something very special.

Welcome Kevin,

do realise, don't you, that all new members have to contribute a watch to a Senior Member on joining the Forum?

By the way, the above is not true: it is "one to each" senior member. I just thought a correction was in order in view of the nice watch. :)

Cheers,

Bob

Welcome to the forum Kevin.

Don't listen to Will and Bob, they have succumb to a horrifying horological mental illness: Will's condition is full blown chronic, and Bob is showing the first frightening stages of this symptom.  We've tried medication, and even a forum intervention session: where we threatened to make them wear cheap Chinese watches with a complete plastic gear train ... but sadly without success :(

All we ask is that you keep beautiful and exotic watches away from them until a cure is found ... and we thank-you for your understanding with this tragic situation. ;)

• Like 2

I will not miss this opportunity to introduce myself in this forum as well.

I have changed batteries and pins for more than six years, only now after all this time i was actually starting a deeper study on watches, a month ago I reviewed my first vintage automatic watch, a 46941 Orient, i am starting today in forum and hope to do it for many years.

One doubt, i have 23 years, has anyone on forum youngest than me? ;D

Greetings from Brazil and sorry for my english.

6220978079_928f06d571.jpg

has anyone on forum youngest than me?

Well definitely not me! :(

A very warm welcome from Scotland Icarus, I wish I was twenty three again and staring off on horology. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get up to in horology in the coming months. :)

I will not miss this opportunity to introduce myself in this forum as well.

I have changed batteries and pins for more than six years, only now after all this time i was actually starting a deeper study on watches, a month ago I reviewed my first vintage automatic watch, a 46941 Orient, i am starting today in forum and hope to do it for many years.

One doubt, i have 23 years, has anyone on forum youngest than me? ;D

Greetings from Brazil and sorry for my english.

6220978079_928f06d571.jpg

Welcome from California, Icarus. This is a great forum with knowledgeable and helpful people.

Sorry, I don’t qualify for younger than 23. I'm 2x23.[emoji15]