Current shipping times from Cousins to US - any recent experience?

Has anyone in the US ordered from CousinsUK in the last month? How long did the shipment take (also which service option you used would be appreciated)?

I need a mainspring size only they currently have, but I'm thinking of doing a large order if the shipment doesn't take a month to get here.

My last experience was before the pandemic and a mainspring and screwdriver in a Royal Mail bubble mailer took a week. I'm on the east coast of the US.

• Like 1

Hi fixer, just for your information I order from cousins and live in Australia. It takes 6 weeks to get here but only because of the postage option I select otherwise I pay 5x the parts in postage. I reckon it shouldn't take to long with the correct postage option for the US. 

Hope this helps you decide 

Cheers Graziano 

5 hours ago, fixermole said:

Has anyone in the US ordered from CousinsUK in the last month?

Check related article https://www.npr.org/2021/01/03/953073956/widespread-mail-delays-as-usps-faces-unprecedented-backlog

There is also an online newsletter "postal times" and other source of general information. Which is useful and interesting, nothing like that is done in my EU country.

• 2 weeks later...

For future members who ask the same question, my Cousins order (just a mainspring) was shipped on Feb 4 via Royal Mail (cheapest choice, no tracking) and arrived in the US (North Carolina) on Feb 13.

Most of that trip was likely within the US as the USPS is still having delays. Currently, orders from Jules Borel, Otto Frei or Esslinger are taking 5-6 days, whereas they used to take 2-3 days.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2021 at 12:53 PM, fixermole said:

For future members who ask the same question, my Cousins order (just a mainspring) was shipped on Feb 4 via Royal Mail (cheapest choice, no tracking) and arrived in the US (North Carolina) on Feb 13.

Most of that trip was likely within the US as the USPS is still having delays. Currently, orders from Jules Borel, Otto Frei or Esslinger are taking 5-6 days, whereas they used to take 2-3 days.

Hi fixer, did you have to pay any customs on your order? Thanks

6 hours ago, Fred said:

Hi fixer, did you have to pay any customs on your order? Thanks

There are no fees and no paperwork to receive items up to USD800 in the US from abroad.

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases

And even if the value is higher than that, CBP does not worry much about duty fees which in most cases are minimal anyway but they care about what the item is and if it complies with regulations. A simple leather watch strap may cause a a package to be inspected and cause much further complications.

3 hours ago, jdm said:

There are no fees and no paperwork to receive items up to USD800 in the US from abroad.

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases

And even if the value is higher than that, CBP does not worry much about duty fees which in most cases are minimal anyway but they worry about what the itme is and if it complies to legislation. A simple leather watch strap may cause a a package to be inspected and with much further complications.

Thanks a lot for the info.