Hello from Austria!

AndrewP

Hi everyone,

greetings from the Alps! I’m an English-Canadian, Austrian-trained pipe organ builder who has finally started down the rabbit hole of mechanical watches after first becoming interested in clocks as a child, during which time I caused significant damage to my parents early 1800’s grandfather clock which proved to be a lasting undertaking which held out until it was finally repaired about 3 years ago.

Roaming Ebay since last fall, I’ve now collected a considerable number of cheap antique and franken watches, to accommodate my miniscule 6.3” wrist and need for watch repair learning objects. The exception is a new Komandirskie 211163 with a nuclear sub and Soviet star which has either served to satisfy my Russian memorabilia bug or enkindle the addiction - I am not quite sure, but probably the latter.

In any case, I am looking forward to learning from you all and hope to be able to contribute myself in due course.

Andrew

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PastorChris said:

Welcome from New Jersey, USA. You’re really changing the scale of the things you work on! As a full time pastor, I have a great appreciation for you craft. 

Thanks for the welcome!

You’re definitely right about the scale compared to organs! I have always enjoyed the small detailed stuff particularly, including in pipe organ building, but watches are definitely a notch or two more intricate than the small stuff on organs...

Do you happen to play or have an instrument where you serve?

Edited by AndrewP