Drive train power transfer issue

This may be kind of a dumb question, but  here goes. Im working on a Russian Vostok that I picked up cheap on ebay. It had a broken stem and was super dirty with old oil. Other than a missing bridge screw and the broken stem, I didnt see anything that jumped out at me while disassembling and reassembling. Everything seems back in order and I can wind it, with new stem. But, there seems to be no transfer of power from main spring to main wheel. I checked that everything moved freely while assembling and lubing. 

Are there any tests or procedures that I can do to determine the cause of the issue? Or any suggestion on what may be the culprit?

Btw, i am a novice watch tinkerer, but have been tinkering for a while with some success. Troubleshooting is not my strong point. Thats why im here. Lol

Thanks in advance,

Brian

1 hour ago, Badmoon66 said:

But, there seems to be no transfer of power from main spring to main wheel.

I don't quite understand this. You can wind the mainspring but there is no power to the wheel train?

If you remove the pallet fork and wind it, do the wheels spin freely?

• Like 1

Are you sure mainspring is not broken, turn the barrel to supply manual power to it , use a wooded stick. also test gears for freedom of move apply torque to the spokes.

You should see your opportunity to conduct most tests before and during disassembly.

Regs 

Joe

Thanks Hector and Joe. 

I think I was getting a little ahead of myself. I had the mainspring apart and all looked good. In fact, I had it wound up the wrong way in the barrel and had to reverse it. It is holding power, but something else is hanging up. I will test a little more thoroughly. Its got to be something simple. I have not yet had a chance to remove the pallet fork. That will be the first thing I try. 

Everything was spining freely during teardown. Thats kind of why Im confused as to what could be wrong. Has to be something I did. Lol

Thanks again guys,

Brian