Identifying And Purchasing Watch Stems

Hi All!

I've just received a pretty Buler watch, bought on that well-known auction site, and having an Ebosa 65 movement.

It has a broken stem, the remains of which I extracted and compared with my stock of assorted stems. Sadly, I can't find one exactly like it. I looked up the movement and found it on Ranfft's wonderful site where it is listed as having a W2614 stem.

My question is how can I translate that number into a new stem? I looked on Cousins' site and couldn't find an individual stem with that number and if I Google W2614 the only reference to it is Ranfft's entry!

What's the trick with these stem and balance staff numbers that Ranfft lists?

Thanks CB, that's just the job. The Ebosa 65 is there, just a bit further down! :-)

I gather that if I accurately measure the stem elements I can find the right one by inserting said measurements in the search windows at the top? I'm so-oooo glad that I don't have to buy a couple of thousand assorted stems and work my way through them!

The down side to the whole thing is that the stem will cost more than the watch! :-(