Strangest Watch Fix Ever!

Actually, more like I'm extremely dense & didn't spot the obvious problem immediately....but it should give you a grin at least

I just bought a nice Maurice Lacroix from eBay sold as needing a new battery. When I fitted one today it wouldn't work and I was scratching my head & doubting the seller's description thinking I'd been had. I was even pricing new movements (£21 as it happens).

Anyone familiar with quartz movements would have spotted the problem immediately, but eegit-features here who has exclusively worked on mechanical movements didn't for an embarrassing hour or so. The battery insulator was missing so I cut a small piece of polythene & of course it sprang into life....just goes to prove you should always look for the simple problems first.

Incidentally, anyone know where I might source a proper insulator (ETA part no 4046)?

post-687-0-67250600-1426365857_thumb.png

Thanks guys...I'll stick to my bit of polythene bag until I'm next ordering stuff...& thanks for the Swedish link, it's always nice to find new suppliers!

How many do you want . Have som old movement that aint working . Could put them in a envelope and send you . Send me a pm with adress .

• Like 1

I spoke to the man how owns urdelar.se yesterday .He says he has a lot of stuff he hasn't even market on the page .A lot of people just send him an email or phone him asking if he got this and that . He has over 35k of stuff . And if he should put them on the page i would collapse . He and some others have change the site to an other webhostel just to make sure the page is working better . Great .