G-Shock question

I overheard a sales girl talking to a colleague of mine, and she said the watchmaker they use claims that he needs to connect gshock watches to a computer after a battery change and he's charging more. I've never heard of such a thing and changed several gshock batteries. Is there some new model that you must do this with, or is it just smoke blowing? Wouldn't be the first time with that guy, so that's why I'm here. Couldn't find any definite answer by way of google.

Thank you all for your time!

1 hour ago, Wiseman501 said:

I overheard a sales girl talking to a colleague of mine, and she said the watchmaker they use claims that he needs to connect gshock watches to a computer after a battery change and he's charging more. I've never heard of such a thing and changed several gshock batteries. Is there some new model that you must do this with, or is it just smoke blowing? Wouldn't be the first time with that guy, so that's why I'm here. Couldn't find any definite answer by way of google.

Thank you all for your time!

Hello Mr Wiseman501 that casio is probably a radio controlled version, in that case depending where you live to get accurate time you hook up to satellite. Hope that helps. 

I'm aware of the atomic syncing watches, but she distinctly said he told her he had to hook it up to a computer... I don't see why he would make a big deal and price jump for having to just sync it. There is literally no labor.

Remote syncing watches have been around for a little while now. I wouldn't have asked if it was that straightforward

Perhaps there is a miscommunication somewhere, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some development in the industry.

Thanks for the input, guys!

2 hours ago, Wiseman501 said:

I'm aware of the atomic syncing watches, but she distinctly said he told her he had to hook it up to a computer... I don't see why he would make a big deal and price jump for having to just sync it. There is literally no labor.

Remote syncing watches have been around for a little while now. I wouldn't have asked if it was that straightforward

Perhaps there is a miscommunication somewhere, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some development in the industry.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Watches are cars we all no what stealership means haha