7s26 escapement wheel issues

Bopmd

Hello,

I am correctly assembling my first 7s26 movement and up untill this point it's been going well. The problem is that the escapement pivots will not go into their jewels and it seems too short even when the main plate sits flush and is screwed down. What may cause this? I do not think the pivots are broken, but the end shake is too loose. The watch was running before disassembly.

Thank you in advance ?

Snapchat-1298434180.jpg

Snapchat-1944490054.jpg

13 minutes ago, Bopmd said:

I do not think the pivots are broken, but the end shake is too loose.

Upper pivot is broken. Can happen when refitting the train bridge too quickly. If you can't obtain a replacement PM me for a free one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jdm said:

Upper pivot is broken. Can happen when refitting the train bridge too quickly. If you can't obtain a replacement PM me for a free one.

Oh, ok. I have some parts from a 7009 if those are compatible. Do you know if they are?

14 hours ago, Bopmd said:

Oh, ok. I have some parts from a 7009 if those are compatible. Do you know if they are?

I believe many are. Linked below is my compilation of 7S26 parts across revisions, which you can compare with a 7009 technical sheet, easy to find with the search function top right.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, jdm said:

I believe many are. Linked below is my compilation of 7S26 parts across revisions, which you can compare with a 7009 technical sheet, easy to find with the search function top right.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

Thank you! The part from the 7009 is working perfectly.

• Thanks 1