Greetings from NYC!

firebynight

• 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• My favorite is my first mechanical watch.  I received it as a present when I worked in Japan about 20 years ago (don't remember the exact year but it was between 2004 and 2006). It is a Seiko SAGN011 with the 4S27 movement and a titanium bracelet.  I unfortunately dropped it in a way that made it stop working.  I sent it to Seiko US for repair, they sent it to Japan without looking at it and the service and repair ended up costing $610 By the way one link in the bracelet is damaged and needs replacement and I have no idea how to find one.  If any of you know how it can be done it will avoid another expensive repair, right now my wife has a trip to Japan planned for the fall and we are thinking about having it repaired then. It is exactly like this one https://wholesaleshop.ru/product/134848968779
    • Yeah I have the cheap one.  But I think you are correct and they are reversible I hadn't tried turning them other but I see it in the picture (I am at work can't check the actual holders right now). I'll probably get better one at some point but right now there has been a lot of tools to buy to start so I am cheaping out on some things.  I am quite happy that I did get a microscope because working with a loupe was just not working for me at all. next big stuff coming is ultrasonic machine, cleaning solution (99.9% IPA and Naphta) and lubricant (Moebius 8000 and Molikote DX for now).  
    • I’ll be getting into them sometime this year, my grandfather’s pocket watch was one of the reasons I got into this rabbit hole. Funny enough last week whilst I was replacing a couple of batteries for the missus she done the old “I just remembered something “ and wandered off. A couple of minutes later she hand me her father’s and grandfather’s pocket watches. Apparently she got them from her brother years ag because I was into watches and thought I might like them. Not looking forward to looking at her grandmothers watch, solid gold and the head is pretty much the size of my little finger nail.   Tom
    • Hi Murks, I would just measure the old spring and order a generic one closest I can to size. Especially on thickness and height, length doesn’t matter so much as long as the difference isn’t huge.   Tom
    • As it’s Seiko have you tried a search in cousinsuk crystal section using the case reference?   Tom Had a Quick Look, 310W13GN00 looks like the part number you need but every listing I have found is a discontinued line. You might want to measure up the one you have and look through the sternkruetz catalog, here is a download link http://www.sternkreuz.de/accordion/assets/Sternkreuz_Gesamtkatalog G22.pdf   Tom