Replacing a bezel on Animal Brand Watch

Dear All,

Please bear with me I'm new to this, have decided to try some basic repairs on some old watches that were lying in a draw. I need to replace the bezel on an old Animal Brand Dive type watch model no. W009 it's at least 20+ yrs old. As you can see from the photos I have managed to get the old bezel off but can't find any ideas on what to do next, although to be fair I'm probably not typing in the right questions. I was wondering if any of you could answer the following questions

1, Are bezels brand/ watch specific or generic

2, what measurements do you take to ensure the correct sized replacement

3,Can anyone recommend an online store to buy the replacement part

The photos are of the watch face and both sides of the removed bezel ( apologies for teaching my Granny), any other info you think might help much appreciated

Regards

Keith

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

This is a bit tricky, Animal, as far as i'm aware, have never actually supplied spare parts for their watches.
I don't know if generic replacement bezels are a thing, but I've seen a website before that supplies entire generic watch cases, so i can't be sure one way or the other. 
You might try eBay or something to look for another second hand version of this watch and cannibalise the bezel off of that. 

Why exactly do you need to replace the bezel, is it outwardly damaged and worn or is it the click on it has gone? because you might be able to do something with the spring underneath that's responsible for that. 

Edited by Ishima

Hi  Ishima, thanks for the reply, I’ve looked round eBay and some are termed generic but wouldn’t know which size to order. You can send the watches away for repair but as you say I haven’t seen anybody selling specific Animal spares. I’ve seen a few  for sale on eBay but all more than I want to spend on a practice project.

4 hours ago, Keith57 said:

1, Are bezels brand/ watch specific or generic

Specific, but some sizes are common enough.

4 hours ago, Keith57 said:

2, what measurements do you take to ensure the correct sized replacement

Dia and height of the section where it fits, if you're lucky a Seiko bezel might fit or almost, but if it needs adapting then it becomes complicated.

Thanks jdm, by dia. I assume you mean the face it fits round so I can start having a look although from internet searches I did before posting makes me think it may be a bit more expensive than I want to pay to practice