Seiko Parts supplier in the UK?

CrisR

Hi all, new to the forum, so apologies if this has been asked before, but where do UK members buy their Seiko movement parts?

I'm specifically after a new stem (0351200) and callender transmission wheel (0962183) for a 4R36 as mine is slipping when quick settling. I bent the clip inside the wheel and got it to engage, but it started slipping again, so I'd rather just change both for new.

Many thanks

Cris

5a8c889c2fa92_datechangesnot.jpg.fd9b5455974515e4feeecb6d6765af85.jpg

Thanks for the stem heads up John, however that day corrector is one of the plastic wheels under the dial - I'm after the metal wheel that sits on the stem right at the beginning of the power transfer train.

if the part you are looking for is not listed you can request it with Cousins, enter anything on the part description and a green button will appear. However at 6 pounds for a stem plus few more for a wheel you're already near to the prices of a brand new NH36 mov.t from China, which you can use straight in, or drawn many new spare parts from.

Also a an ""Hattori" - they love to use obsolete names - stem assortement doesn't cost much more than that single one.

Edited by jdm

Thanks JDM, I didn't know about the parts request method, I will check that out.

As I purchased the watch, knowing that it didn't have working quick set, so I could learn a little more, changing out the movement wholesale would defeat the purpose ;)

34 minutes ago, CrisR said:

As I purchased the watch, knowing that it didn't have working quick set, so I could learn a little more, changing out the movement wholesale would defeat the purpose ;)

I didn't say you have to change it but suggested a couple of smarter purchases to get the best value out of your money. 

Apologies - I re-read your post. I missed where you suggested the NH movement be used as a parts donor. Honestly, I thought they were closer to £60 than £30 for some reason. I see the logic now. Thank you. 

Sorry for being somewhat OT here, but I was under the impression Japanese parts weren't restricted (like the Swiss). Anyone who know what's going on with Japanese parts?

10 hours ago, CrisR said:

I'm specifically after a new stem (0351200) and callender transmission wheel (0962183) for a 4R36

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

Cousins in the UK have the stem you requested, in stock, at £5.95 and the day corrector is available HERE

I wonder how come the winding stem is available but not the day/date corrector wheel which is listed as "obsolete". After all, the 4R36/NH36 is a relatively new movement (2011) still being manufactured, probably in the millions. According to CousinsUK the reason could either be that the part is no longer being manufactured, or that the manufacturer do not allow the part to be made available through general distribution. So, I guess it must be the latter explanation as the movement is still being manufactured, and that really sucks! :(

7 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

I wonder how come the winding stem is available but not the day/date corrector wheel which is listed as "obsolete".

Both plastic corrector wheels 737.183, and 737.300 are available from Cousins UK. Just search under 7S26 parts.
We will know about the 4R36/NH36/6R15 stem transmission wheel when the OP will have an answer from them.

7 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

According to CousinsUK the reason could either be that the part is no longer being manufactured, or that the manufacturer do not allow the part to be made available through general distribution. So, I guess it must be the latter explanation as the movement is still being manufactured, and that really sucks! :(

You're assuming wrong as I tried to explain various times already. The ones restricting parts are the Swiss, not Seiko.

1 hour ago, jdm said:

We will know about the 4R36/NH36/6R15 stem transmission wheel when the OP will have an answer from them.

As far as I can tell (although I'm hoping that I'm wrong) there's no use in requesting Seiko part no. 962183 from CousinsUK as it is already listed, as obsolete. Requesting it will likely only result in CousinsUK letting you know again that it is obsolete.

1 hour ago, jdm said:

You're assuming wrong as I tried to explain various times already. The ones restricting parts are the Swiss, not Seiko.

Well I'm sorry (not really) that you have to put up with my ignorance and for your trouble trying to rectify it, but the only plausible explanation, the way I see it (if you read the details) is that the manufacturer do not allow the part to be made available through general distribution. That to me is a restriction and at the end of the day I fail to see how that differs from the Swiss.

Obsolete.gif.e9fca6a813ceb341ca65ced944f07bb7.gif

38 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

.Well I'm sorry (not really) that you have to put up with my ignorance and for your trouble trying to rectify it, but the only plausible explanation, the way I see it (if you read the details) is that the manufacturer do not allow the part to be made available through general distribution. That to me is a restriction and at the end of the day I fail to see how that differs from the Swiss.

Good that you were able find that info, which in my human fallibility I had missed. Luckily the OP and everyone else with Seiko trouble have an affordable alternative as indicated above. Try that with ETAs starting at €250 retail. 

At the end of the day it seem to me you're showing a persistent case of 

idiom-barking-up-the-wrong-tree.thumb.png.23026c6d9827ee76a231405905dadb59.png