What is a "going barrel"?

I'm researching mainsprings (because I think it's an interesting topic). One type lists that it is for "All 16 size models having going barrels". I don't understand the meaning of the term.

Thank you in advance

Nora

The regulair barrel in your wrist watch is called the going barrel, so far as I understand it got the name since it keeps supplying power as you wind. Fusee type for instance doesn't.

Edited by Nucejoe
regular barrel

5 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

and overloaded you with too much information perhaps.

Not at all. I found that to be just what I needed. I've added it to my "manual of useful information". A folder I keep all of the pictures, downloads,  charts, references, and so on that help in my learning process.

What book were those referenced from?

Edited by Nora

the website below has interesting stuff. What you're looking for is the section labeled Joseph School of Watch Making and realistically should download the entire thing.in particular for mainsprings section 9A. One of the images though did not come from there and I'm not sure where it came from? That might seem strange but when I'm in a hurry for pictures I just pull them out of PowerPoint lectures that I happen to have.

https://mybulova.com/vintage-bulova-catalogs