ESA 9183 question....

Got this nice vintage quartz Belinda at a yard sale. I need to replace the crystal and the crown.

Anyone knows how to release the stem?

I gently pushed the little thing on the right of the arrow as it moves when pulling out the crown but it doesn't release the stem. I also turned the screw just above the stem about 1/2 a turn...no release.

Thanks.esa9183w.jpg.94cb275f3f9e6ebcac68609648ac2b07.jpg

Edited by Watchtime

I did one of these last year, details here.

As far as I can remember the post that you have arrowed is the correct part to push. I can't remember if the stem has to be in the setting position or not but just try it either way.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I was wondering whether anyone could assist with some questions I have about my latest acquisition, which is a two train ‘Bravingtons Renown’ mantel clock - Pics attached I have done some reading about Bravingtons and believe they sourced movements from various suppliers, so I wondered whether anyone recognises this one. I have stripped and cleaned the movement and the clock is now running well, but there are a couple of dodgy brass springs that I would like to replace. I haven’t found anything suitable searching the internet so I wondered does anyone know of a supplier that might help. Last question is about the veneer on the case, it is generally in reasonable condition but there are a couple of patches on the top where the veneer has lifted. So far, I have tried to reactivate the existing adhesive by heating from below and above with a hair drier, then clamping for a day or two. It has improved slightly but the bulge is still visible. I’d be grateful for any advice if anyone has dealt with this sort of repair before.
    • Hi some pictures o& the movement and case would be appreciated so we can ascertain what the problem is you are having in fitting the movement.   Thank you.
    • Thank you very much,T. I'll try turning the arbour from the clock face end very carefully in case I haven't reassembled the suspension block correctly (I had to make up a suspension spring using remnants of a broken one as I haven't been able to find an exact replacement online).
    • Hi murks a picture of the front as well would help,   By the size of the plate it was stuck to I would suggest a coin cell,  2030,  2015 all depends on the height of the cell. And the space when the back is fitted.         3 volt. 
    • We seem to have gone a bit quiet on this ?  Do we all agree to ask Mark for some input on this matter, or is no-one really bothered.