7s36c replacement alternatives

Hi welcome to the forum,  An introduction would be appreciated,   Whats wrong with the movement as is ?  and a replacement movment complete 7s36m  is available from cousins uk at £52.50, and I would guess they will be available else where, Jules Borel,  Esslingers in the USA.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Dvielma said:

Hi i have a saiko 5 snzg13 with 7s36c movement that is shot. i would like to upgrade the movement. but i dont know what movement i can upgrade to.  does anyone know what my options are or if theirs any?

The upgrade is to a an NH36, that hacks and manual wind. You can get it easily on sellers like Cousins UK, Ebay, or a bit more cheaply on Aliexpress.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi welcome to the forum,  An introduction would be appreciated,   Whats wrong with the movement as is ?  and a replacement movment complete 7s36m  is available from cousins uk at £52.50, and I would guess they will be available else where, Jules Borel,  Esslingers in the USA.

hello I'm in the US I had this watch for a really long time and I really like it but I dropped it and also a few years ago the date will will only turn with turning the hands. I took it to the watchmaker and he told me that it literally is not worth fixing that movement it's best to just replace it. I really don't know what is going on with the movement. That's why I was looking to upgrade it since the seven s36 is outdated. 

54 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

4 hours ago, jdm said:

The upgrade is to a an NH36, that hacks and manual wind. You can get it easily on sellers like Cousins UK, Ebay, or a bit more cheaply on Aliexpress.

Ok awesome i have been looking at the nh35 and the nh36 ( I dont know the deference) I just was not sure if they we interchangeable with 7s36c.    

30 minutes ago, Dvielma said:

Ok awesome i have been looking at the nh35 and the nh36 ( I dont know the deference) I just was not sure if they we interchangeable with 7s36c.    

The NH35 is date only and the NH36 is day/date. The only thing is that you have to use the original crown, fitted to the new stem, because of the extra complications the 7s26/36 stem isn't compatible with the NH35/36 movement.

I 'upgraded' my SKX007 diver, replacing the 7s26 movement with an NH36 movement but because the crown cannot be separated from the stem on the SKX divers, I fitted an after market 'Jumbo' crown to it..........

zmMLzNl.jpg

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JohnD said:

The NH35 is date only and the NH36 is day/date. The only thing is that you have to use the original crown, fitted to the new stem, because of the extra complications the 7s26/36 stem isn't compatible with the NH35/36 movement.

I 'upgraded' my SKX007 diver, replacing the 7s26 movement with an NH36 movement but because the crown cannot be separated from the stem on the SKX divers, I fitted an after market 'Jumbo' crown to it..........

zmMLzNl.jpg

That's awesome.   Will my hands from the 7s36c fit on the nh36? (I ordered it from ebay) or do I need new hands?

8 minutes ago, Dvielma said:

That's awesome.   Will my hands from the 7s36c fit on the nh36? (I ordered it from ebay) or do I need new hands?

The hands fit and the dial pins line up as well, everything except the stem is a direct replacement, though you should use the plastic dial/movement spacer from the original watch as it may be slightly different from the one that comes with the new movement....

What 7S36 watch do you have? This is my only one....sadly needs a new crystal 

Seiko 7s36-5000 wrist.jpg

Edited by JohnD

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

The hands fit and the dial pins line up as well, everything except the stem is a direct replacement, though you should use the plastic dial/movement spacer from the original watch as it may be slightly different from the one that comes with the new movement....

What 7S36 watch do you have? This is my only one....sadly needs a new crystal 

Seiko 7s36-5000 wrist.jpg

This was my first automatic watch and I really like it but I really beat it up. A few months ago I have the crystal replaced I really wish I would have known about Sapphire but I didn't. But I really like this watch so I'm very excited and getting that movement put in it. Thanks for all your guys's help.

20200425_201828.jpg