Timex S Cell Digital ?

I completely forgot about this watch. It was given to me about 4 years ago and has sat at the bottom of my toolbox since. Not sure if it works.

Knowing my luck and history with quartz watches, it doesn't. The button on the front ( assuming its a button) seems a bit stiff too. 

Any knowledge out there on these. Things I can try if a battery doesn't get it going ?

Thanks, as always. 

IMG_20200404_164334.jpg

IMG_20200404_164641.jpg

IMG_20200404_164756.jpg

1 minute ago, jdm said:

Well, if you use a new battery to try, you can still store it for later use.

I have ordered one, its a small price to pay to see if it works. I just wanted to know if there was anything else I could do, Ie clean the contacts etc, I have no experience with digital watches just thought id ask . 

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Yes i did eventually realise that the oil will act as a barrier, I'm sure the discussion will continue. Ive had two oleophobic coffees ( added coconut ) and in the meantime i have this just delivered to take my mind off epilame for the time being. My favourite type of dial, its a beautiful looking watch traditional English made and it runs,  the ticktock is phenomenal,  i can hear it across my living room .  You wont believe how much it was.
    • Imm going to close the discussion by attaching the photo of my super-titanium after several vicissitudes finally working. Purchased as not working I replaced the battery and for a stroke of luck I found its semi-new solar panel which, having verified its operation, seems to recharge the accumulator perfectly. I had taken this watch almost by bet, with 40 euros I brought it back to life. The initial half idea was to resell it to finance another purchase, but.. it's definitely a nice item. It would need to check the impermeability but it's a pleasure to see it on the wrist 😃
    • In fact the secret is to go gently and find the way without forcing, and the movement enters without problems
    • Yea a have given it a full service this movement is chinese 2813 whats the lift angle for this movement does anyone knows  and how  do a remove the default  of 52 degrees on my timegrapher?   Hi you said my lift angle is default how do a remove this from my timegrapher?
    • Sure! Some very accomplished repairers never use epilame! I have often wondered if it is worth the trouble. Not using epilame will shorten the service intervals though, but that could be better perhaps both for the owner and the repairer!? Speaking of oiling, I just read this: After WWII in the 1950s the first Synthetic Oils came on the market. Most watchmakers did not rush to use these oils since they were bad for business now that the watch serviced with Synthetic oil would not come back to him for service for another 5-7 years he would lose a lot of income. ~Ofrei.com   Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be more correct to think of epilame as a binder rather than a repellant. Until convinced otherwise that's how I will think of epilame.