Elgin Watch winding stem bolt screw

Seth

Hi there,I have an Elgin Watch that I am looking at getting back into a wearable state and I am stumped on where the winding stem bolt screw is?? I obtained this watch with a missing winding stem and crown and also a missing second hand but on the good side it is running strongly.Having purchased a lot of vintage stems and crowns I am stumped on how this stem is held into the movement.Any help would be gratefully received.I enclose photos of the movement ( both sides ) and the cased watch.Regards,Seth.

IMG_20200319_145359074.jpg

IMG_20200319_145332450.jpg

IMG_20200312_145533745.jpg

I was holding back in the hope that a more learned person would come along, but that looks to be a pretty old piece.  I wonder if the stem didn't snap into the case as with the Elgin pocket watches of that era.

About all I can offer.

Yes, I believe it is what is known as a negative/reversible setting mechanism. A modified version of of a case sleeve is held to the movement through pressure from the case itself. The sleeve looks like a reversed version of a standard, positive set, case sleeve that threads into the pendant of a pocket watch.

IMG_1829.JPG

Edited by MrRoundel