Luminous paint - the world's glowiest glow

Does anybody have experience with this luminous paint, which is claimed til be  the world's glowiest glow

I am about to paint my dial on my diving watch and want to use a strong glowing luminous paint?

:)

Thanks

Søren
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SorenHartmann said:
I am about to paint my dial on my diving watch and want to use a strong glowing luminous paint?

Just curious, have you ever produced a dial before? How are you going to paint it, airbrush or perhaps traditional brush with a artist touch? What about the indexes, will you detach and then reapply these small fiddly thingies? Not to mention, having some sort of logo is often desirable, how do you plan to do that?

No matter how you will solve these  small issues or the choice of the paint with the greatest albedo, I look forward to to see the results of you work, good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your replies

No, I have not produce a dial before, so I will have a back up dial, just in case it goes wrong.

The logo I will download and add to the label together with the digits and the transfer to the dial. As per video: How to print a custom watch dial - watch building tutorial

The intended plan is as follows

• Sand the dial to make it smooth
  • Mix LIT (luminous powder) with the acrylic base to make a paint
  • Apply the luminous paint all over the dial in thin layers several times
  • Apply the digits etc, by using the technic describe in the video below

Let me hear your thourghts

Thanks

:)

Soren

1 hour ago, SorenHartmann said:

No, I have not produce a dial before, so I will have a back up dial, just in case it goes wrong.

Let me hear your thourghts

I heartily recommend that you repeatedly practice all the steps involved on something of no  value, until you're confident with the skills and results achieved.

• Like 2

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hello, I am about 5 months into watchmaking and I love it!   The attention to precise detail is what really attracts me to it. (and the tools!) I am working on a 16 jewel 43mm pocket watch movement.   There are no markings besides a serial number (122248) .  The balance staff needs replacement. The roller side pivot broke off.  I successfully removed the hairspring using Bergeon 5430's.  I successfully removed the roller using Bergeon 2810.   Did i mention I love the tools?! I removed the staff from the balance wheel using a vintage K&D staff removal tool  with my Bergeon 15285 (that's the one that comes with a micrometer adjustment so it can be used as a jewel press as well as a traditional staking tool...it's sooooo cool...sorry..  can you tell i love the tools?) No more digressing..  I measured the damaged staff in all the relevant areas but I have to estimate on some because one of the pivots is missing. A = Full length  A= 4.80mm  (that's without the one pivot...if you assume that the missing pivot is the same length as the other pivot (I'm sure it's not)  then A = 5.12 mm...(can I assume 5.00mm here?) F=  Hair spring collet seat  F=  .89mm   (safe to assume .90 here? .. I am sure that my measurement's would at least contain  .01 mm error ?) G = balance wheel seat  G = 1.23 mm  (1.20mm?) H  =  roller staff  H =  .59mm  (.60 mm?) B  = bottom of the wheel to roller pivot   B  = 2.97mm  (3.00 mm?)     here I am estimating  again because this pivot is missing. So my friends, and I thank you profusely,  can you point me in the right direction as to how to proceed? Do i buy individual staffs?  or an assortment?   Since I don't know exactly the name of the manufacturer, will that be a fatal hindrance?   Tbh, I'm not even sure what country of origin this movement is. Thank you!    
    • Thats why i asked that question earlier, what happens if lubrication is placed directly on top of epilame ?  As opposed to walled within its non epilamed area . I'm not saying its right, i have no idea , just asking questions. 
    • thinking of where epilam should be removed did you know there was a patent that covers this? At least for the escapement I'm attaching it. GB1057607A-1 epilame.pdf
    • Back home...printing now.  Will report results
    • Oh well, if Master @nickelsilver says it's the way to go, then it is the way to go! I stand corrected! 🫡 Are there any other places where you're supposed to remove the epilame from the contact point of rubbing? I don't think so! Thanks for the effort @Neverenoughwatches, much appreciated! 🙂👍