Chanel J12 tube

Gaus

Hello watchfriends, I have to repair a Chanel J12 watch. The tube (2.0 mm) is friction fitted. I have taken it out. The new one is a little thicker (2.2 mm). If I want to get this in the case I think I have to drill a larger hole. Wich size should I drill? 2.1mm?? Thank you all in advance for your advice.

11 minutes ago, Gaus said:

Hello watchfriends, I have to repair a Chanel J12 watch. The tube (2.0 mm) is friction fitted. I have taken it out. The new one is a little thicker (2.2 mm). If I want to get this in the case I think I have to drill a larger hole. Wich size should I drill? 2.1mm?? Thank you all in advance for your advice.

You really need a reamer, not a drill......like THIS.......

5 minutes ago, JohnD said:

You really need a reamer, not a drill......like THIS.......

That is machine reamer, not to say it would not work but it's designed for precise work, where work is steady, and the tool is on an high concentric spindle, micro metrically adjustable. Since I doubt that the OP has anything of that I suggest that he get a pin vice and tries a 2.1mm drill manually first. And even with that it takes so little to overbore such a small hole.

Thank you all! As I translate it well I shouldn't use a mechanical drill because it can take away too much material. A pin vice with a 2.1 mm drill can probably do the jow.  I have some cutting broaches.