Translator App For Ipad

Hi guys, I just had to share this one with you. It is a free download, but it is so good you just have to splash out and buy the unlimited version for £1.49

I have put it too the test today, one test involved a text in Russian to Denis on the forum. He returned the text in English and it was word perfect. It also helped me discuss technical details in Geman when purchasing Jacot tool today.

Here's the App :-

post-124-0-15904300-1419713316_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, English to Russian was very good. For a second i thought i'm being trolled by native speaker.

Geo, do you want to do a good deed and different test for your app?

If main body of this page make sense to you, then we are good. http://shop.vostok-inc.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

Its watch care recommendations from Vostok watch factory.

Denis

Hi Denis, I've run part of the text through the translator, but unfortunately the results are far from good. I was quite surprised when it worked to well going from English to Russian. It looks like the program has been optimised for translating from English.

It was a good idea to do this Denis, thanks for suggesting it.

Here's the result:-

Care hours To you enjoy hours of use, you must follow sneduyuschim simple rules: 1.Mehanicheooe Chom as pobye meanizmy require regular prooerki, Clean, smami regulirooi precision. Zhepatalko This makes every three to four years azTopeocoannotv SERVISKOM center of said list, prinameveom chocoa passport. This Avmstcn Zavadnu0 crown of the arrow until it stops. Hours vtomaticheskim plant, if you wear them oacdy day following start time is ridiculous (20-30 fusion zarodnoy crowns on chasoeoy streloo In mehanichosoth but chasazh adstrochalnymd recommended to engage in sports, work and pneumatic, etc. Recoil force, which assume the clock on their dalrovechnost and 2. Quartz watch less pridotlivy in treblot prooerki, clean care of them, but these and lubricant every four or five years esruceym mechanism please contact a dealer sroaa expiration of the battery. Used tae battery Morut notech and KNat corrode, destroying the clock. Do not try to change the battery in your own. If your watch waterproof. After order not to spoil kalachearny vehanizm spoluot change the date vealu 22 and 02 chasavi night. In this nrcmya nca gear nechinayut move to avtouaticheski transfer date pradpochtitelno date changes should be made beforehand Bring chasoeyo arrow seator uifopblata (for example, to "6 chasos and gt;). store hours mlatelno apart from jewelery, especially drarouonkymi stones and places where they **BLEEP** paavoracny minimal friction on anything. Optimal variantov be aorobka in which proezvalis hours. Tawa porobci upholstered

It actually is very entertaining when listened to through the speaker!

I copied that page of Russian into Google Translate - and it came out as:

1. Mechanical watches, as well as any arrangements require regular inspection, cleaning, lubrication and adjustment precision. It is desirable to do it every three or four years, an authorized service center specified in the list annexed to the passport hours. This is an important condition, since the opening of the housing even the tiniest speck of dust that gets into the mechanism, may violate the accuracy of the clock due to increased friction. Wind the watch, only removing them from the hand. This eliminates the uneven pressure on the crown, which is one of the most vulnerable time components. Watch with manual winding should start at the same time turning the crown clockwise until it stops. Movement with automatic winding, if you wear them every day, you should start once a week (20-30 rotations the crown clockwise). In a mechanical watch is not recommended to engage in extreme sports, work pneumatic tools, etc. Recoil force, which take on the clock, affect their durability and precision. No matter how perfect was not anti-shock mechanism, there is always the chance of excessive load that details of the mechanism can not survive.

2. Quartz Watch more forgiving with respect to care for them, but also require inspection, cleaning and greasing every four or five years, only an authorized service center specified in the list annexed to the passport hours. To replace the battery in the clock with quartz movement, contact an authorized dealer before the expiry of the battery. Used batteries can leak and start to corrode, destroying the clock. Do not try to change the battery yourself. If your watch is water-resistant, then after replacing the battery, the clock should be tested for water resistance and you must be sure that the moisture in them will not fall.

In order not to spoil the calendar mechanism should not change the date between 22 and 02 o'clock in the morning. At this time, all the gears begin to move, to automatically set the date. Preferably, the date changes should be made, relegating pre-clockwise to lower sector of the dial (for example, to <6:00>).

Store hours is desirable to separate from the jewelry, especially with precious stones, and in places where they will be subject to a minimum of friction about anything. The best option may be a box, which sold watches. These boxes are upholstered with special soft material and are tailor-made for your watch.

Replace broken or cracked glass immediately as crack even in thick hair will allow dust particles to get into gear, which will affect the accuracy of the clock. Do not store hours in cold rooms. Cold lubricating oils thicken, the mechanism stops, trunnion axes may be damaged. Do not leave the watch on the tables of stone, such as marble, as strong changes in temperature, which is subject to marble, can cause damage to some parts, especially springs and spirals old clock, which was made of stainless steel. It is recommended to remove the hours before bedtime. During sleep, you perform uncontrolled movements which may cause damage to the clock. In addition, in a dream a person sweats and sweat, gradually accumulating on your watch, can damage the body and gaskets to ensure water resistance. If your watch is water resistant, you can occasionally wipe them with a weak solution of mild soap or detergent, then wipe dry with a clock necessary. If your watch has a leather strap, then this procedure should only be carried out with respect to the watch. In the event that your watch is not waterproof or you are not sure about this, wipe them with a damp cloth, then dry the dry. If you exercise regularly or lead an active physical lifestyle, then you need to choose a watch on a metal bracelet, instead of natural leather. Sweat and perspiration released during sports, will gradually destroy the natural leather bracelet.

Do not wear watches in saunas, baths or hot shower. Excessive heat and moisture may damage the watch case and grommet are tight.

Salt water harms finishing most hours. Therefore, even waterproof watches after soaking should be washed with soap solution in warm running water to prevent corrosion and premature aging gasket seal. During contact with water the crown and all the buttons should be screwed into position.

At the end of 2 to 3 years, your watch can lose tightness due to aging seals. Therefore it is necessary every two to three years to check for leaks and, if necessary, change pads. Do not leave the watch near the speakers, or other sources of magnetic fields. Most watches are not magnetically shielded, and the magnetization of the details of the movement, they may start to fall behind, or, conversely, to go faster.

Not bad...

Not bad at all, and thats a **BLEEP** mystery....

Before suggesting for that test, i fed same link to Google translate and got result nowhere near Will's.

Doing same thing now, getting same as Will's result.  :startle:

Geo your app failed to recognize some words. You'll get better results if give it text, not a picture. That additional step of recognizing words from the picture - another place where it can go wrong.

Denis

P.S. Oh well, such joys of automatic translation. Whenever i do something like that, i try to run it by native speaker. Or one may end up with a chinese tattoo meaning chicken noodle.

Edited by Denis

Hi Denis, many thanks for all your help in evaluating the translator. I'll bear in mind your comments regarding photographing the text. :-)

Thanks also to Will for chipping in with the Google translation, I really appreciate it. :-)