cleaning

Hi

Is it ok to clean the hands of the watch with lighter fluid?

I use lighter fluid after a soapy rinse.

Are there any parts of the movement i should not use lighter fluid on?

Its gone fine with the movement i've just done.

cheers

gary

Yer i almost for got. Can anyone tell me were i can get some manuals,guides or leaflets on using a staking set.

I dont know what its used for and what use it would be to me.

But if it helps i would be interested in learning more about it.

cheers

gary

Hands, it depends what type the hands are. Never use lighter fluid on luminous hands. Rodico can be used for removing smears/ specks of dirt/ tiny hairs. 

What staking set do you have? I might be able to find some info if I know the name. A nice clear photo would be good.

At some point you will find you will need a staking tool. They can be used for all manner of things. Balance staff removal and fitting will be one of the most common, riveting is another. I have seen good second hand ones on ebay. You need to make sure it centers correctly and the stakes are in good condition. A new staking tool is best, but expensive.     

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, oldhippy said:

Hands, it depends what type the hands are. Never use lighter fluid on luminous hands. Rodico can be used for removing smears/ specks of dirt/ tiny hairs. 

What staking set do you have? I might be able to find some info if I know the name. A nice clear photo would be good.

if you had radium painted hands, might it contaminate the Rodico ?  vin

• 2 months later...