bodymassagewatch

Vintage Seiko faceted crystals????

Does anyone know where I can source a faceted crystal for my soon-to-arrive Seiko Lordmatic 5606-7360??? I'm up for the challenge of trying to buff our the scratches on the existing crystal, but because it IS faceted that may prove to be a fools errand for a novice like myself. Does anyone know somewhere other than ebay that a guy can find this?

Unfortunately is not like there is secret place to get obsolete Seiko parts. We know the same sources as everybody else does, these you can count with less than an hand. If you can get to know the SN use Google search. You can also look or ask on SCWF (thewatchsite.com) 

1 hour ago, JBerry said:

Boley just lists it, as they do with most parts. When you have an account with them (not immediate, as they supposedly don't sell to individuals) for each item there is a traffic light and price. In this case the light is yellow which means practically unavailable, and there is no price. 

Edited by jdm

12 hours ago, JBerry said:

Seiko part number is 290W10GC0F if this helps.

JulesBorel appear to stock it... http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=SEK_CS^5606-7360

Boley also https://www.boley.de/en/case-parts/seiko/17491.5606-7360?p=199&s=50&l=18

Worth contacting both of them.

Thank you JBerry!! I will reach out and see what turns up.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:11 AM, JBerry said:

Seiko part number is 290W10GC0F if this helps.

JulesBorel appear to stock it... http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=SEK_CS^5606-7360

Boley also https://www.boley.de/en/case-parts/seiko/17491.5606-7360?p=199&s=50&l=18

Worth contacting both of them.

So looks like the item is discontinued as suspected. Would you happen to know the thickness of the crystal? Esslinger has a bunch of crystals that will work for the 29mm diameter, i just want to make sure i'm getting the thickness close. Thanks again for your help!

Edited by bodymassagewatch
spelling errors

2 hours ago, bodymassagewatch said:

So looks like the item is discontinued as suspected. Would you happen to know the thickness of the crystal? Esslinger has a bunch of crystals that will work for the 29mm diameter, i just want to make sure i'm getting the thickness close. Thanks again for your help!

I wouldn't know sorry, do you have a micrometer or caliper you can use to measure?

On 5/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, jdm said:

Boley just lists it, as they do with most parts. When you have an account with them (not immediate, as they supposedly don't sell to individuals) for each item there is a traffic light and price. In this case the light is yellow which means practically unavailable, and there is no price. 

Does anyone on this forum have access to Boley parts?