Stem Removal on Sellita SW200-1

Trying my first watch build and cant figure out how to release the stem on a Sellita SW200-1 movement.  Reference material from Sellita shows a diagram of a bridge cutout and a part, I believe was the setting lever but am not sure of the correct way to remove the stem.  Any help would be appreciated

Use the largest tip screw driver which gets in the oval hole. The tip is be wider than diametet of release button and enters cross to the STEM AXIS, a shoulder is provided inside the hole to stop the screwdriver tip from insertion deeper in. Pushed in down to the shoulder which is enough to leave the stem free to be taken out. If not clear let m know to hand draw you a sketch showing what I say.

Regqrds joe

• Like 1

Yes, thanks to OH , the picture shows the push button. 

The hole as viewed from top is not circulare but parabollic.

The screwdriver blade should be wider than diameter of  the button, so not to enter the button hole, rather enter the parobollic hole only and go down as far as the parrabolla hole provides depth,  the shoulder inside keeps the screwdriver from entering button hole only if the screwdriver blade is wider than button hole.

IMG_20181021_112109.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to post a n00b question, but it's somewhat related...

After you put the hands back on the watch how do you remove the stem (in order to put it in the case)? Is it ok to put the face down on the Movement Cushion Pad, I'm worried that doing that may bend the hands or something?

You risk damaging the dial plate too. Dial should not be subjected to any stress.

If your movement holder blocks access to the back of the movement , perhaps tranferring the movement on another holder which allows such access is considerable.

I have managed sliding  the movement in the case at oblique angle,  with crown removed from the stem. Once movement is in place in the case, remove the stem to tighten the crown back on stem and reinsert in the movement. Easier done than said.

Picture of the predicament you got in helps. 

Regards joe