Armitron 1981 Radio Watch

Radiotron

I just bought an Armitron 1981 FM radio watch. The radio works beautifully in this model, but the watch time does not. I opened her up and found that the batter had badly corroded the negative terminal badly, and after cleaning, the terminal is practically gone. Any advice on replacing the terminal. I have some soldering experience and equipment.

Well, I’ve not seen anyone else reply, so here goes. We really need a photo, but in lieu of that, I can say I have not had good success trying to solder on those, even with a tiny 15 watt pencil iron. Chances are, you will melt something plastic that it is mounted on at the other end and even if it is gold plated, the metal itself usually doesn’t take solder well. If you can find another one on another busted watch, it would be better to replace it. If I could see a picture of it, I might have something similar in my junk pile. Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hello Radiotron,

On this friendly forum before making a post for help or advice. We like new members to introduce themselves. Just say a little about what you do and about yourself.

We like that to go into the Introducing Yourself Here. This is the link.

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/forum/23-introduce-yourself-here/