Watch winder!

Hi guy’s! Just a quick question for you all, I’ve just started using a watch winder on my seiko pepsi 009 I’ve had the winder set in one of its timer modes, 6 mins clockwise then 6 mins anti clockwise for 3 hours, then it rests for 9 hours before starting the same mode again! I’ve just noticed over 2 days my watch has gained 6 mins, is this normal or is the watch over wound now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can over-wind a quartz watch... 

:biggrin:   Just joking...

Seriously, for the OP: is the watch brand new? Some new watches (like a Vostok) require a "breaking in period" where the watch will run slow / fast for a while, then settle down.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I'm not sentimental, I see it this way.  I inherit something I  don't like, I could sell it, buy something I do like and remember the person with the new item.  For example, I  inherit a watch ( I haven't), I don't like it, I  buy a watch I do like, every time I look at the watch, I think of the person. 
    • A lot of it has to do with a generations attitude.  Have we reached a generation of folk yet that have no sentimental values ie. Just an object to sell . I expect my kids will sell my collection , maybe keep one valued piece. Not being in the game very long, i have no idea when the sale of old watches boomed or if it has even reached its peak yet. If we go back 20 years what were ebay sales like then, expense wise and volume ?
    • can I ask why you're not happy? did you notice that the acceptable low 24 hour amplitude of this watch is 160°? is there any possibility that a watch company could manufacture a watch that could actually run at a low amplitude and keep time? so if they can run at 160° at 24 hours and keep time then they probably would keep time at 240° which yours seems to be doing? then if you're really unhappy with this I would recommend purchasing an original Omega mainspring. Just because the aftermarket have numbers like an Omega mainspring it doesn't mean it's the same thing. Then I would also recommend replacing the escape wheel and the pallet fork. This is what they do in the Swatch group service center if they are unhappy with anything on the other hand they have an infinite supply of spare parts.    
    • That was reason for asking for mark's input, i wasn't sure if going ahead with dealing with the contact information would be particularly well received. @oldhippy thoughts ?
    • @JohnR725 has pointed out many times that the Swiss don't care about amplitude, the timekeeping is the most important.  Give yourself a  pat on the back, great beat error and timekeeping, nothing to be disappointed about.